Warmth! Sunshine! Sweet giver of life!
The North Country was beautiful today. Seventy degrees and sunny.

I woke at six thirty in the morning after three or four hours (gaugh!) of sleep to an unspectacular sunrise. I never really get to see sunrises that much anymore; was a little miffed at one that was nothing write home about.

Didn't eat anything until noon due to a schedule that I'd rather not dive into; stomach began to devour itself. Errands, papers, obligations, fuck. Was completely drained by dinner-time. Went into town to walk by the river and clear my head. Saw a '70 Plymouth '‘Cuda—drool, slobber, whine like a pup—and walked in the wrong direction for a couple blocks just to stare at it. This is a pleasure reserved for those of us who appreciate a piece of Detroit art. While observing it I noticed the keys were in the ignition. Maintained fantasies of driving off into the sunset at the wheel of the beast. Eventually sulked away after wondering what kind of idiot would leave a car like that with the equivalent of an enormous “STEAL ME” sign on its windshield. It's strange, you'd never know I was a car nut from looking at me...

Tonight I was overwhelmed by an intense desire to do my laundry, even the stuff at the bottom of the hamper that I've put off due to lack of motivation. At least I'm accomplishing something.

On the way back from the laundry room I stopped at a friend’s place to take up her offer of a drink or two. All she had was Southern Comfort, which I despise but I still helped myself to some and am now mildly drunk and will most likely regret writing whilst intoxicated. I pray my English does not leave me; I'd hate to begin typing in tongues.

I feel pretty good. I suppose I should proclaim this for posterity: I feel okay. I that past few days I've seen my mood improve to the point where I'm not jittery and panicky and avoiding contact with other lifeforms. this is not to say that I am feeling great, but it is a great leap between "lousy" and "fine." It's a shock to wake up and find that things aren’t so bad.

Things to look forward to: a visit from Beautiful Girl, and end to all of this useless plodding through papers and unit plans, a summer all to myself and a pretty girl to spend the night with every evening. Why not look forward to things to come?

I'm now officially drunk, and should not be writing this.

/me theatrically pulls one hand away from keyboard with the other.