After a couple days without daylogs I still find myself at a loss when attempting to report interesting events in my life.

No responsibilities today aside from the growing pile of work I need to sift through. Slept too late as a result. Woke with another ferocious headache that managed to stay with me nearly all day. Did fuck all except for read and watch Cartoon Network.

Tonight I was to go see a friend of mine perform in his Latin band Norte Tropicale, but when I arrived I couldn’t get myself to walk into the stupid bar. I froze in the parking lot while thinking about what was inside, and came to the decision that I really didn’t want to go in. I wanted to see my friend play, don’t get me wrong, but I found my shitty day encroaching on my mood and decided not to pass it on to others.

With that I jumped into my car and began to drive home. I quasi-purposely missed my turn and continued driving until I was far away from the town. In the Frozen North you don’t have to go very far before you leave the lights of any town behind and there in nothing but darkness and the vague shapes of trees whizzing past you on vacant highways. I drove around for the better half of an hour, listening to classical on NPR as I went.

As I drove, my mind began to tease me. I was on the same road that would—in four hours time—eventually end at Beautiful Girl's apartment. I had been thinking about her all day, and I longed to have her on my shoulder as I wound through the mountains. Every side street and dark spot on the side of the road seemed a perfect place to pull off and break the law. If only she was there; breaking the law in that particular fashion on my own holds little thrill.

I'm having a hard time writing. Haven’t been able to node for a couple days now. All I've wanted to do since I woke was to go back to sleep. Such a poor way to spend your day.