The X-files

Deep Throat
Episode: 1X01
First aired: 9/17/93
Written by: Chris Carter
Directed by: Daniel Sackheim

Mulder investigates a string of disappearances of pilots at the Ellens Air Force Base.
Mulder is contacted by Deep Throat, an informant, that has "an interest in (Mulder's) work."
Mulder and Scully talk to the wife of a recently found pilot whose behavior has become extreme, putting fish flakes in his dinner and yelling at the children.

Mulder believes that the Air Force Base was a site of many UFO crashes and that government testing on new aircraft has been going on for a long time.
Mulder goes to the base and sees what looks like a UFO. He is captured and given drugs so that he will forget what he saw.

Scully takes a security man hostage and trades him for Mulder who is groggy and confused.
Later, Mulder meets with Deep Throat again to ask him about what he saw (he does not remember).
Deep Throat responds to Mulder's questions with "Mr. Mulder, they (aliens) have been here for a very, very long time.

Important quotes:
Mulder to Scully - "How did I get here?"

Mulder to Deep Throat - "They're here, aren't they?"
Deep Throat to Mulder - "Mr. Mulder, they have been here for a very, very long time."


This episode features Seth Green (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Austin Powers) as a punk teenager who helps Mulder.

Previous Episode|Next Episode

Back to The X-files: Season 1