The X-files

Blood)
Episode: 2X03
First aired:9/30/94
Written by: Glen Morgan and James Wong
Directed by: David Nutter

A real estate salesman sees the words "kill 'em all" on a digital elevator display and kills four people with his bare hands.

Mulder learns from the sherrif, Spencer, that this the 7th murder spree in the area that usually doesn't have this kind of crime. Mulder finds the real estate salesman's fingerrints on the smashed digital display in the elevator and that at each crime scen an electronic device has been destroyed.

Mrs. McRoberts, a local woman, kills an auto repairman after seeing a simiolar display that says "He'll rape you. he'll kill you. You kill him first."

Spencer and Mulder go to this woman's house and she tries to stab Mulder and Spencer shoots her. The autopsy reveals that the woman's adrenaline levels were 200 times normal. Scully decides that this rise in adrenaline and an unknown compund also found could create a reaction similar to LSD.

Mulder goes to talk to the Lone Gunmen, who tell him about LSDM, and experimental insecticide that creates fear in insects, a way of chasing them from the fields.

Mulder goes to a field at night and is sprayed by a silent helicopter. He talks to a twon official, who admits that they've been using the chemical. Mulder feels that this chemical is increasing existing phobias for the people in the town, which Mulder believes is a controlled experiment.

Ed Funsch, a disgruntled postal worker, has been plagued by these digital messages, targeting his phobia of blood. Ed climbs a tower at the local college and fires at the crowd with a rifle. Mulder runs up and catches him. With Ed in custody, Mulder calls Scully on his cell phone. The call reaches Scully but Mulder stares at the phone which reads "all done. Bye bye."


Important Quotes:
Mulder -- "What's wrong with right field?"
Spencer -- "Always the first one to shake hands at the end of the game. Didn't matter whether they won or lost."
Mulder -- "Got to have an arm to play right field."
Spencer -- "Bought a round of beers afterwards, even though he didn't drink."
Langly -- "L.S.D.M. Obviously, you haven't read our August edition of "T.L.G."
Mulder - "Oh, I'm sorry, boys. It arrived the same day as my subscription to "Celebrity Skin."

Frohikie -- "So, Mulder, where's your little partner?"
Mulder -- "She wouldn't come. She's afraid of her love for you."
Frohike -- "She's tasty."
Mulder -- "You know, Frohike, it's men like you that give perversion a bad name."

Mulder -- "Fear. It's the oldest tool of power. If you're distracted by fear of those around you, it keeps you from seeing the actions of those above."


Back to The X-files: Season 2