This is my first (and last) day log. On this very special day, I have a very special message I would like to pass on to everybody:

Cheer the fuck up.

You're depressing the shit out of me.

Honestly, it's worse than the Christmas Day logs, it really is. "Merry fucking Christmas, happy fucking new year, it's just another day to me, what's so special about it", blah blah fucking angsty blah. What a load of self indulgent wank, Christ, it's a time for optimism and trying to share a bit of fucking happiness, not wallowing in woe-is-me shite.

With the notable exception of dizzy at Christmas, and prole, forest and xunker up there today, it's been moan after whinge after bitch after angst. It's a good job I'm not dependent on the day logs for a daily dose of cheeriness, otherwise I'd be under the nearest bus. Some brief advice for a couple of people: don't give up important trips abroad for people who may or may not know you exist, nobody is worth that, and when you find out that they're not interested, you'll get even more depressed (and they're hardly going to be interested if you haven't made a move or mentioned anything about your interest, are they?). If people insult you after you've spent time helping them, tell them to fuck off. Lonely? Get off E2 for a few hours and go and meet people. 17 years old and haven't accomplished anything? Of course you haven't, you've been listening to teachers talk shit at school/college most of your life, you're only 17 - now you can get out into the real world and start your life, school is just bullshit, as soon as you leave, all those assholes are out of your life forever - school is over, baby! Life isn't fair? Well duh! Of course it isn't. You just have to make something out of it. This is/isn't the "real" millennium? Who fucking cares! It's not even the year 2001, probably, we invented the calendar anyway, the "year" is something we came up with. It's still cool to be in 2001, a year I've been dying to be in since I was a kid.

Nope, life's not fair, perfect, or even happy all the time. But it could be a lot worse. If you have your health, a place to live, and at least one halfway decent friend, you're a lot better off than a hell of a lot of folks. And no, before you start crying about the unfairness of it all, I didn't downvote your angsty logs - I just upvoted the cheerful stuff. Now cheer the fuck up, get over it, and stop whining. Or I'll come round your house and give you something to whine about. Come on guys! It's the new year - Happy New Year! Let's see those happy faces, please...