From what I've seen, women tend to pamper their men in small but countless ways. The guys tend to just bluster their way through the day and not notice the little things that she does. I think that the list presented by Demeter is a nice way for men to repay those little kindnesses. The guys will feel like they've "done something" for someone they love, where the gals already know that they do things daily and don't necessarily have to go through a big production.

In response to Azure Monk's writeup, I would suggest that you never use sex as a payment or as a way to pamper someone. Hopefully, your sex life is mutually fulfilling and prolific. Do something extraordinary. For example, I gave my wife three "cuddle cards" this year on January 1st. They entitle her to have me stop whatever I'm doing, have the kids sequestered away from her, have me make cappucchino, and have me spend time with her with no outside interference. These can be used to trump my "this is important, and I need to do this" mindset, like when I'm reformatting a hard drive or playing a video game with my oldest daughter.

This is a generic note, and it may not apply to you. I know a few guys who try to "do something" daily, and if this applies to you, you should have a happy relationship.