Back in my college days (second attempt), I'm ashamed to admit that I was the worst roommate my friends had.

When I was accepted at the college literally days before the semester started, there were no rooms available. A friend of one of my friends had a single, and we convinced him that the college had to put me in there. The good thing is that he paid for a double, so that's what he got.

For most of that semester he had to knock quietly on the door because I tended to be "busy" with my girlfriend of the week. Once his parents almost walked in on my girlfriend and I when we were performing some acrobatic sex. He'd complain, but he was always interested in how I got my girlfriends into my bed. At least I made it a rule to never have them sleep over without asking well in advance.

The second semester I bought a 400-watt stereo, the biggest in the entire dorm. I tended to blast it while I was "entertaining" my current girlfriend. My new roommate was a devoted Monkees/Beatles fanatic, and he hated my stuff (Blondie, punk, loud metal). Luckily he was a very forgiving sort, and he'd take great pleasure in using my stereo to completely drown out or neighbors when they had noisy parties. My stereo was louder than theirs, even if you were standing in their room near the speakers.

Now that I think about it, I'm sure I'm the worst roomie my wife ever had. I'm a slob, I'm lazy, and I play my stereo loud. At least I don't bring home a new girl every week :)