This is a pretty easy cheesecake recipe to make, and because you bake this version the results taste like you purchased it from a fine bakery. This is for a double-batch to make two complete cheesecakes because there's always room for more cheesecake.

Assemble the following ingredients:

Prep Work:

  • Heat oven to 325°F.
  • Soften the cream cheese. I buy cream cheese in two-pound blocks, so I cut them into small 1-inch cubes on a dinner plate and place them in the microwave to get soft. It takes around a half hour, don't turn on the microwave by accident. Keeps any wayward insects from discovering the delicious cheesy goodness.

Building the Cheesecake:

  • Beat the softened cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with a mixer until blended. I usually start slow and increase the beating speed.
  • Add eggs and continue beating until it is just blended. Do not over-beat.
  • Pour the mixture into the two crusts.
  • Top with a layer of cherry pie filling to the top of the crusts.
  • Place on a flat baking tray if you would like to prevent any spillage and oven cleaning later on. It also assists when removing the cheesecakes after they're baked.
  • Bake 40 minutes on the center rack or until center is almost set testing with a long toothpick. I usually just go with 40 minutes and pulling it out. 
  • Remove from the oven and allow to cool
  • Refrigerate for at least three hours.

Eat one whole cheesecake with a large tablespoon while crying and watching the Joy Luck Club or a Nicholas Sparks movie. Save the other one so nobody knows what you did. Your secret's safe with me.