My "raison d'etre ici" is relaxation. I need to relax. I just finished working on my contribution to the final group project for cognitive neuroscience and I am about to start working on my German portfolio, but I need a few minutes to breathe. I can't allow myself to leave my computer, though, so I end up browsing the internet.

It's been a long day. I stayed up till 6 AM to work on this project, but I only managed to write a few lines. My drowsy thoughts kept drifting away to things that do matter to me. As I was trying to make sense of everything, a writeup was created and I tried to follow how it got evaluated. I'm a newbie here and not sure about what is good and what is not. So I was quite disappointed when it received 3 downvotes immediately, but luckily someone cooled it later. All in all I think about 20 people cast a vote on it, but it still has 0 Rep because they can't seem to agree on whether it's cool or not. Later I met my new mentor, he's a Scot, I think, and he seems nice.

Then I got up at ten, after 4 hours of restless sleep. Daniel presented our paper in class, with his funny Hungarian accent. Our research proposal was so complicated that even the professor didn't get it. I tried to sneak out during the break, but ended up talking to Max, a read-haired Canadian with dreadlocks and sandals. He was working for ICT on a programme that could calculate the chance of getting a cold for males and females and the effect this had on the probablity of their respective sneezing. When I went back to get my stuff, my professor was already in the classroom, so I had to stay.

It's been a couple of busy days, the last couple of days. I'm counting them. I'm even counting hours. About 4 more hours and it's Wednesday (here in Holland, that is). Friday is the last day, the amount of work that is to be finished before then seems an almost impossible lot, but after that I can leave this place behind and move on. I know how much this College with its campus mean to me and how much I will miss it. Still, right now all I want to do is get it over with.