Mornings are tough enough without the added hassle of showering. There's breakfast to consider, and you may have an animal to take care of, or even kids! So here are some simple steps to morning hygiene in less than 10 minutes, designed for the working man...


  1. First, open the hot & cold valves to the proper level. Don't waste time by testing the water over and over. Invariably, it will take several minutes to reach optimal temperature; it's just a law of nature. Maximize this time by urinating and perhaps brushing your teeth (not necessarily in that order).
  2. By now, the water should be fine. Get in & start by lathering on the shampoo. Idealy, if you're coordinated enough, this can be done with one hand while the other grabs the soap and washes off whatever hairs may have accumulated during the previous day's washing.
  3. Now, adopt a top-down method of washing, starting with the face, ears and neck. This can be accomplished in several quick motions. Move on now to the torso, paying special attention to the armpits and belly button area.
  4. What method you choose from this point on is purely personal, however, keep in mind that it is not wise to wash the feet before the genitals.
  5. If you insist on using conditioner on your hair, you should rinse after step 3 and apply the conditioner while performing step 4 (it can be done, trust me).
  6. Rinse everything off your body quickly, turn off the shower and dry off using a top-down method. Any moisture you missed towelling off will evaporate while you shave.
  7. Brush your hair back, slap on some after-shave, dress and bang! You're ready to go. All this in less than 10 minutes!


Hope this helps.