Honeycomb, also known as Cinder Toffee, is just bubbly toffee and much easier on the teeth than normal toffee. It's what the centre of Cadbury's Crunchie bars are made of. The best thing about it is that it's incredibly simple to make at home yourself.

The ingredients are:

5 tablespoons of sugar
2 tablespoons of golden syrup
1 tablespoon of bicarbonate of soda

Place the sugar and golden syrup into a small pan and bring to the boil on a low heat until the sugar melts down into a caramel. Leave it boiling and bubbling gently until the caramel gets to a really deep, rich golden colour. Once that happens, take it off the heat and sift in the bicarbonate of soda. While it's frothing give it a little stir and then pour it onto a greased baking tray or any dish/surface you like as long as it's greased - otherwise you'll never prise it off. Leave it to cool and then break it up and scoff at your leisure.

If you happen to be making vanilla ice cream, you could add a few chunks of honeycomb to your mixture. You'll end up with a beautiful crunch with an ever so slight oozing of caramel to it.

To make a much nicer, homemade version of the chocolate bar just get yourself some really, really good quality milk chocolate. The higher the percentage of cocoa solids the better. Dip the honeycomb pieces into the melted chocolate, leave to cool and then... mmmmmmm.