A received a phone call informing me that today was my day to pee into a cup for the random drug testing they do from time to time. It was the first time since I started working here that I had to do that. I haven't really worried about it, since I have never used any illegal drug in my lifetime, but I don't know if or how a false positive could occur, and that wouldn't be something I want to have to deal with.

Our neighbor with health problems gave us a call. We hadn't talked to her in a while, since we subscribed to caller ID. Late last year, due to stupid decisions I won't go into, fainted at a store, hit her head, and because of her health condition (some rare genetic thing that causes parts of the blood vessels to grow like a tumor, though it isn't cancer), suffered some severe nerve damage. We spent couple months taking care of her cats, and visited her at the hospital once, which wasn't fun because she kept pressuring us to help her get out of there, but it was obvious she couldn't make it on her own. And she has this horrible habit of not seeming very appreciative of what people do for her, and always asking to do more for her, no matter how inconvienent it is for us. So we got tired because she was always calling us asking us to do this, or that, and never really seeming to be happy.

Anyways, she seemed nice for a few minutes, like she was just glad to talk to us again, it happened. Had to take out her trash, since it was too full and she couldn't do it. And when I did that, then came the request to go to Walgreens and pick up her prescriptions for her - but of course she didn't have me pay for them, just gave me a blank check.

I can't help feeling bad, and feeling like I should be willing to do these things for her, because she can hardly walk, and has bad control over her hands (before the accident she was pretty much normal), and she needs it. I feel so guilty for not wanting to help, but I have a life also, I have things to do, and I really don't like being treated like doing these things are expected of me. I even feel guilty for being happy I'm moving and getting away from her...