2:00 AM.

We are awakened by a loud noise from downstairs. (Yes, it is a two-story apartment, manor home style) It sounds like a flapping, along with the sounds of running kitty feet.

Not having the slightest clue as to what's going on, I jump out of bed, and head toward the stairs. The noise suddenly gets louder, and then two cats come speeding past me, surely breaking some sort of speed limit.

The second one has a plastic grocery bag in tow somehow. I'm not sure how, because it comes off as they enter the second bedroom and hide under the futon. I'm not even sure which cats were causing all this trouble. I just want to go back to bed, after throwing away the bag to make sure they don't do it again.

8:00 AM.

I head downstairs after my shower to feed them their wet food. You see, once you've started giving cats wet food, they really get unhappy when you stop feeding it to them. They quickly adjust to what time you feed them, and make it known that they demand the stuff until those bowls hit the floor.

I realize there's only one of the four standing around for the food. Very unusual. So I start calling for the kitties. Nothing. This is making me nervous. I call a bit more, and finally Persephone looking down the stairs. So I put the bowls down in hope they'll all come out. Nope. Just one big orange male cat eating, the rest in hiding. I finally find the oldest, Aphrodite, hiding under the kitchen table. She won't come out, either. Which is odd, because she's one of the biggest whiners when it comes to getting her food.

Unsure of what's going on, I sit down to eat breakfast. Soon, my SO comes down with the last of the four, Calliope, curled up like a ball. She's always a little high strung, but now she seems over the edge. Aphrodite jumps on the back of the couch, and the hissing and growling stars between the two. This is very odd, they've never, ever done this before. Those two get along great.

We watch, and see plenty of hissing, growling, tails flipping, and other general unhappiness. No clue as to what happened. Perhaps The Bag Incident from last night scared them so badly that they're still recovering. Or maybe there's something more to it. We'll wait and see, and hope it gets better.