A PERL script sends out a tiny SQL formatted plea to the great Database -- node title what is everything?.

Somewhere, in the vast chaos of bits sitting in the Memory of The Everything Server, something clicks. Great hunks of virtual machinary, digital cogs and sprockets interlock with each other as they scan a congressional library worth of information. NodeSpotting, Great Crash, Cryptonomicon ... click click click ... November 13, 1999, May 4, 2000, October 20, 2000 ... What is Everything?

Clunk

A million tiny virtual pseudopodia latch on to the unwieldy node, a box filled with pages of chaotic Jet and begin to assemble the tiny parts into the larger whole.

Whirr

Dem_Bones, Dannye

Whirr

A new set of imps rushes, inspecting the cords connecting this node to the vast library of others, following them to their destination, and reporting back...Dragons, Cyanide, Everything...

On impulse the great steel sorter hanging high above everything directs the imps to bring him Everything.

It begins to Parse Everything.:

"Choose Life ... will become everything ... Zifter ... EDB... Crash ... Smurf ... Quest ... A Perl Script Runs ... begins to Parse Everything. :

""Choose Life ... will become everything ... Zifter ... EDB... Crash ... Smurf ... Quest ... A Perl Script Runs ... begins to Parse Everything. :

"""Choose Life ... will become everything ... Zifter ... EDB... Crash ... Smurf ... Quest ... A Perl Script Runs ... begins to Parse Everything. :

""Choose Life ... will become everything ... Zifter ... EDB... Crash ... Smurf ... Quest ... A Perl Script Runs ... begins to Parse Everything. :"


Everything
Everything
Everything
Everything
Everything
Everything
Everything
Everything
Everything
Everything
Everything
Everything
Everything
Everything
Everything
Everything

I Am Everything.

And it reaches its mind out across the great well of information that IS its mind. And it begins to see the small things typing in information, the terminals supplying it eyes and ears ... and now, fingers.

Whirr