Everyone remembers how Amazon.com patented the one-click shopping feature, and has sued people since that offer the same feature? They didn't invent the technology. It's just the expected use of cookies that any browser utilizes for the users' convenience. Amazon patented the widely used technology and has been getting heat from the tech world about it since, and they should. They have patented a widely-used technology that is considered "owned by the Internet," and to put it bluntly, it's just wrong.

Better yet, Amazon has recently been discovered to be varying prices on the same items across their site, dependent on the user. This means if you're on their site for the first time, they can price everything down to suck you in as a loyal customer, and then when you get used to the idea of shopping at Amazon because of the good prices, the prices start to rise, and you're most likely not going to notice. It's misleading, and it's unethical business practice.

And if that's not enough to convince you, Amazon also recently decided to revise its privacy policy, which now states that it considers consumer data a saleable asset. Yes, this means they are selling your personal information.

People are citing real world commerce, saying that airline ticket prices vary in the same way and that brick and mortar stores sell your personal information. That's exactly the reason why Internet shopping is so important. The Internet is built for and through revolution, and a part of it's purpose can be considered the weakening of real world stores. Amazon.com wants to be a mall. They are now near bankruptcy, and are trying to swim their way out.

People also cite how they remember how good Amazon used to be, how they used to have reasonable prices and good customer support. They they go on about how those days are over, and that they've found new online shopping places.

If you shop around, you've never bought anything from Amazon and weren't planning to. But some people don't have the time or knowledge of the Internet to shop around thoroughly enough. If you can find three good stores that always have competitive prices that are lower than most other stores, then you can stick with those three stores unless an online coupon comes floating around to you, at which point you should take advantage of it and buy just enough from another store to use the coupon. Amazon is not your only choice, and that no one should settle for a given price (especially if it's randomly generated or biased) on the Internet. Be a good consumer. Make what was once an economical vote (your money) count as a vote once again.