Today Chris and I are setting off on a three week road adventure into the west. We're going to be camping in Pikes Peak State Park, Blue Mounds State Park, Badlands State Park, Custer State Park, Bighorn National Forest, Yellowstone National Park, Grand Teton National Park, Dinosaur National Monument, Arches National Park, Canyonlands National Park, Mesa Verde National Park, Black Canyon National Park, Great Sand Dunes National Park and somewhere in Kansas and Ohio on our way home.

To document the trip Chris made some sketchbooks for us and we're loaded down with pens, pencils, watercolors and more! in the way of art supplies. I'm also bringing binoculars so I can see all those far away splendors we won't be driving up to, I'm considering taking my digital audio recorder for any interesting sounds like a herd of bison rubbing up against the vehicle or a bear shredding our campsite, and of course my Sony Cybershot to document everything in between.

With a little over three weeks in some of the most beautiful national forests in the U.S. you can imagine there will be lots of photos taken. Rather than purchase multiple memory sticks, drag along a laptop or take 2MP pictures on a camera capable of 6MP quality I opted to get the Ipod Camera Connector and now have what essentially amounts to a 20G jump drive to carry my memories on. Well worth it, if you ask me. And there's enough room for us to load a few audio books and podcasts as entertainment when the radio cuts out.

We're fairly prepared for our journey, we just need to work our half day today and then drop off our menagerie of pets (three turtles, one cat and a crayfish) with their sitters.

Did I mention it's going to be our 1 year anniversary on the 20th? So this is more than a vacation, it's a celebration!

If anything really interesting happens while we're gone, you can be sure you'll hear about it when we get back.