Simply put, the skirt is the most flattering object that an attractive human female can put on her lower torso. It highlights hips and buttocks and suggests, through the open bottom, the possibility for immediate sexual contact.

While there is the occasional person who should never be seen in a skirt, the traits that inspire this arise from the person in question and not from the skirt itself; thus, the cloth is left blameless for the trespass of taste committed by its bearer.

In summary, the skirt is perfectly suited to tickle the subconscious mind. It inspires general happiness, and particular sexual happiness, in a sometimes-subtle sometimes-overt sense.

The genetic reasons for the predisposition of myself to be drawn, in eyes and mind, towards loose hanging cloth wraps are intriguing. Certainly nothing in nature looks like a skirt, with the possible exception of long hair: not exactly the sort of thing you would want on a girl’s hips. Maybe it is just the revelation of legs and the shape of what is above. Long legs are certainly a desirable genetic trait to give offspring.

More important, however, is that those offspring have the capacity to attract mates of their own. What I find attractive, other humans will probably find attractive. Thus, a child borne to me from an attractive female is more likely to continue passing on my genes by attracting, with its genetically acquired looks, a mate of its own. Thus, attractiveness, as well as skirts, may be a means only to its own end. Regardless of the higher philosophical applications, I salute those attractive females who choose to adorn themselves with this particularly outstanding attire.