Synopsis

The Legend of Korra is a coming of age story for seventeen year old Avatar Korra, who can summon multiple elements (air, fire, earth, and water) and "bend" them to her use (typically summoned and delivered via hand and body gestures akin to martial arts). Korra is the reincarnation of Avatar Aang (whose tale was sung in Avatar: The Last Airbender) 70 years after his death. While Aang's series dedicated significant time to his study of the elements, Korra is shown already mastering her third element (fire) in the pilot episode of her opening Book. The journey of each book pivots around Korra's reaction to a well-defined villain, and she exhibits emotional and spiritual growth as she learns to trust and rely upon her friends to survive the challenges thrust upon her. TLoK has a sprawling cast, with wonderfully crafted interactions and individual character development. Originally airing on Nickelodeon from 2012-2014, the 52 episode run was spun well and ended artfully, with a twist that was not heavily foreshadowed, but definitely intended from the very beginning (The writers wrote the story arc for each of the 52 episodes from the beginning, even when the offer was only for a 12 episode miniseries).

TLoK was created and written by Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. After the series was renewed, the pair added several staff writers: Tim Hendrick, Joshua Hamilton, and Katie Matilla. Jeremy Zuckerman composed the score for the show.

TLoK is animated in a style with several nods to film noir, 1920's Manhattan, and east-Asian culture. It was produced by means of traditional animation by Studio Mir in South Korea. Each episode was comprised of approximately 15,000 hand-drawn images, which were then supplemented with computer generated images to illustrate instances of bending throughout the episode. The art of the show was much revered, and is available in four separate volumes of physical, coffee-table books.

  • Book One: Air Legend of Korra: The Art of the Animated Series Book One: Air
  • Book Two: Spirits Legend of Korra: The Art of the Animated Series Book Two: Spirits
  • Book Three: Change Legend of Korra: The Art of the Animated Series Book Two: Change
  • Book Four: Balance Legend of Korra: The Art of the Animated Series Book Four: Balance

The World

The world of TLoK is geographically equivalent to that of ATLA, but more politically condensed than the prior story. There are four primary land-masses as well as an extended archipelago which spans nearly the entire equator of the world. There are small continents at both poles which are controlled by the Northern and Southern Water Tribes (the Southern continent being home to the titular Korra). To the west is a sizable island/continent controlled by the Fire Nation. The center/east of the world hosts a sprawling continent controlled 70% - 30% by the Earth Kingdom and the United Republic of Nations (a multicultural experiment created by Avatar Aang). The Archipelago sprawls south of the largest continent, and is closer to 50% - 50% control between the Earth Kingdom and United Republic of Nations.

Not mentioned above is the home of Air Nation. A group of world traveling nomads, Air Nation had previously built several Temples (think: gothic university / training facility) around the world, which, alongside Fire Nation controlled areas, would seed the future United Republic of Nations. Aang had previously negotiated all Air Nation lands to be combined with Fire Nation controlled (former Earth Kingdom) territory to create the United Republic of Nations. In the time of Korra, Air Nation is reduced to the household of Aang's son Tenzin - the last surviving Airbending Master - and his three offspring. As such, they make their home on Air Temple Island within the political confines of Republic City. Tenzin commonly advises the President of the United Republic of Nations, but does not seek any geopolitical advantage for his own family.



The Magic

The world of the Avatar is divided into a physical and spiritual plane. Throughout the run of the show, it is not explicitly clarified if the Spirit Realm is a parallel universe, or an "underside" of the physical world; there are both physical access points at Spirit Portals, and some highly skilled benders can meditate their way into the Spirit Realm. Within this realm humans may travel as an astral projection of themselves, but in general they cannot perform any bending while there. They may interact with spirits who pre-date the existence of mankind. Like many fantasy-rich stories which came before it, interactions with spirits in TLoK are rarely as straightforward as they first appear.

Bending is the primary persistence of magic within the physical realm of the show. The term "bending" refers most literally to the immediate physical course the element takes after/as being summoned, similar to applying english on a shot in billiards. The most common depictions are of a given element (earth, air, fire, water) being summoned or physical manipulated before being used as a projectile in a duel, contest, or fight.

Each of the element bending disciplines also has some "flavor" spells which only a select few dedicated or genius benders can achieve. Water benders are also quite adept at becoming master healers, and a few can even bend the blood in a human body. Earth benders have two expert branches of Metal bending and Lava bending. Air bending masters can summon a ball of hurricane force wind to ride, or a larger protective shield to hide within. Fire benders can occasionally summon lightning/electricity if properly motivated.



The Cast


The Protagonists

Korra, voiced by Janet Varney - The current Avatar, reincarnated spirit of Avatar Aang
Naga, voiced by Dee Bradley Baker - Korra's pet polar-bear dog
Raava, voiced by April Stewart - The spirit of peace and light
Bolin, voiced by P.J. Byrne - Earthbender, member of Fire Ferrets pro-bending team, brother to Mako
Mako, voiced by David Faustino - Firebender, member of Fire Ferrets pro-bending team, brother to Bolin
Asami Sato, voiced by Seychelle Gabriel - mechanical genius, employed by Future Industries, daughter of Hiroshi Sato

Air Nation

Tenzin, voiced by J.K. Simmons - Airbending Master, son of Avatar Aang
Pema, voiced by Maria Bamford - wife of Tenzin, non-bending Air Acolyte
Jinora, voiced by Kiernan Shipka - Airbender, daughter of Tenzin and Pema
Ikki, voiced by Darcy Rose Byrnes - Airbender, daughter of Tenzin and Pema
Meelo, voiced by Logan Wells - Airbender, daughter of Tenzin and Pema
Bumi, voiced by Richard Riehle - former military, son of Avatar Aang
Kai, voiced by Skyler Brigmann - a charismatic orphan; a mischievous thief

Earth Kingdom

Queen Hou-ting, voiced by Jayne Taini - Queen of the Earth Kingdom
Prince Wu, voiced by Sunil Malhotra - Prince of the Earth Kingdom
Yin, voiced by Susan Silo - grandmother to Bolin and Mako

Fire Nation

Lord Zuko, voiced by Bruce Davison - Firebending Master, Crown Prince of Fire Nation Royal Family

Metal Clan

Suyin Beifong, voiced by Anne Heche - Founder and Leader of Zaufu, daughter of Toph Beifong, half-sister to Lin Beifong
Baatar, voiced by Jim Meskimen - Architect, husband of Suyin Beifong
Opal, voiced by Alyson Stoner - Airbender, daughter of Suyin and Baatar
Baatar Jr, voiced by Todd Haberkorn - engineering genius, son of Suyin and Baatar
Huan, voiced by Jason Marsden - artist, son of Suyin and Baatar
Wei and Wing - Metalbenders, youngest offspring to Suyin Beifong and Bataar, twins
Kuvira, voiced by Zelda Williams - Metalbending Master, Captain of the Guard in Zaufu

Republic City

Lin Beifong, voiced by Mindy Sterling - current Chief of Police of Republic City, daughter of Toph Beifong, half-sister to Suyin Beifong
Varrick, voiced by John Michael Higgens - Eccentric genius; scheming money hound; masterful player of the great game
Zhu Li, voiced by Stephanie Sheh - mechanical and electrical genius; under-appreciated assistant to Varrick
President Raiko, voiced by Spencer Garrett - President of the United Republic of Nations
Daw, voiced by Jim Meskimen - A shopkeeper
Hiroshi Sato, voiced by Daniel Dae Kim - Industrial genius, Founder of Future Industries, father of Asami Sato

Northern Water Tribe

Unalaq, voiced by Adrian LaTourelle - Waterbending Master, Chief of the Northern Water Tribe, husband of Malina, father to Desna and Eska
Malina - wife of Unalaq (no speaking lines)
Desna, voiced by Aaron Himelstein - Waterbender, son of Unalaq
Eska, voiced by Aubrey Plaza - Waterbender, daughter of Unalaq

Southern Water Tribe

Tonraq, voiced by James Remar - Waterbending Master, Chief of the Southern Water Tribe, husband of Senna, father to Avatar Korra
Senna, voiced by Alex McKenna - wife of Tonraq, mother to Avatar Korra
Katarra, voiced by Eve Marie Saint - wife of Avatar Aang, mother to Tenzin, Bumi, and Kya
Kya, voiced by Lisa Edelstein - Waterbender, Master Healer, daughter of Avatar Aang and Katarra

The Antagonists

Book 1
Amon, voiced by Steve Blum - A masked figure who believes Benders shouldn't be making the rules for everybody
The Equalist Movement

Book 2
Vaatu, voiced by Jonathan Adams - A mythological entity who is the chaotic yin to Raava's orderly yang.
Spiritual Corruption

Book 3
Zaheer, voiced by Henry Rollins - A political radicalist who wants to free people from all forms of government
The Red Lotus

Book 4
A person hungering for power...
Absolute power corrupting absolutely...



The Episodes

Book 1: Air

1.01 - Welcome to Republic City - Korra travels to Republic City

1.02 - A Leaf in the Wind - An antsy Avatar-in-training attends her first ProBending Match

1.03 - The Revelation - Korra attends a radical rally for a shadowy figure

1.04 - The Voice in the Night - Korra pledges her support to Republic City

1.05 - The Spirit of Competition - Relationships, and ProBending Tournaments, do not go as planned

1.06 - And the Winner Is... - The hour of Republic City grows dark...

1.07 - The Aftermath - Korra's suspicion of a key ally becomes unignorable

1.08 - When Extremes Meet - A surprise antagonist is unmasked

1.09 - Out of the Past - Team Avatar searches for Korra

1.10 - Turning the Tides - The Equalists attack Republic City

1.11 - Skeletons in the Closet - Tensions between benders and non-benders grow

1.12 - Endgame - Korra faces off with Amon


Book 2: Spirits

2.01 - Rebel Spirit - Korra attends to her spiritual education

2.02 - Southern Lights - Korra goes on a trek to find a deeper spiritual connection

2.03 - Civil Wars Part 1 - A wrongful accusation leads to tension between the Norther and Southern Water Tribes

2.04 - Civil Wars Part 2 - Korra argues to free her family

2.05 - Peacekeepers - Korra learns if it is truly better to ask permission or forgiveness

2.06 - The Sting - Mako uncovers a conspiracy larger than its industrial roots

2.07 - Beginnings Part 1 - Korra learns about the first Avatar, Wan

2.08 - Beginnings Part 2 - Korra learns how to restore balance between the spirit and physical worlds

2.09 - The Guide - Korra attempts to enter the Spirit World

2.10 - A New Spiritual Age - Korra learns about her responsibilities as Avatar

2.11 - Night of a Thousand Stars - Bolin saves President Raiko

2.12 - Harmonic Convergence - Team Avatar is in a race against time...

2.13 - Darkness Falls - A surprise antagonist is unmasked...

2.14 - Light in the Dark - Korra learns a way to save the world

Book 3: Change

3.01 - A Breath of Fresh Air - Korra's decisions in Book 2 have unexpected consequences

3.02 - Rebirth - Team Avatar faces their newest challenge; The Red Lotus is assembled

3.03 - The Earth Queen - Korra helps the Earth Kingdom; Mako and Bolin find their family

3.04 - In Harm's Way - Korra uncovers an inconvenient truth

3.05 - The Metal Clan - Team Avatar visits Sao Fu

3.06 - Old Wounds - Korra learns new discipline

3.07 - Original Airbenders - Tenzin becomes a teacher again

3.08 - The Terror Within - The Red Lotus attacks...

3.09 - The Stakeout - ... but did they do so alone?

3.10 - Long Live the Queen - Events conspire against Team Avatar

3.11 - The Ultimatum - Avatar Korra is faced with a difficult choice

3.12 - Enter the Void - The motives of The Red Lotus are revealed after 15 years of silence

3.13 - Venom of the Red Lotus - Korra finds herself in the fight of her life

Book 4: Balance

4.01 - After All These Years - The band is getting back together, with a notable omission

4.02 - Korra Alone - TRIGGER WARNING

4.03 - The Coronation - The Earth Kingdom has fallen. Long live the Earth Kingdom!

4.04 - The Calling - "At a certain point, you need to let the kids take over."

4.05 - Enemy at the Gates - Familiar characters face tension when 'the greater good' depends upon your perspective

4.06 - The Battle of Zoafu - Korra attempts to negotiate a peace

4.07 - Reunion - Korra returns to Republic City; Team Avatar reunites

4.08 - Remembrances - (a Canterbury frame episode, recapping Book 1 Episode 1 to current_

4.09 - Beyond the Wilds - Republic City and the Spirit Vines are once again at odds with each other

4.10 - Operation Beifong - Bolin seeks to regain someone's trust; Korra trusts the Spirit World to guide her path

4.11 - Kuvira's Gambit - Team Avatar faces their largest challenge to date

4.12 - Day of the Colossus - A City is Invaded; A Prince becomes a King; An Avatar becomes a Legend

4.13 - The Last Stand - "I understand what it feels like to be afraid."



Quotes

Book 1: Air

1.01 - Welcome to Republic City

Tenzin: Avatar Aang accomplished many remarkable things in his life, but sadly, his time in this world came to an end. And like the cycle of the seasons, the cycle of the Avatar began anew.

1.02 - A Leaf in the Wind

Bolin: So, you see, we're together.
Korra: Well not "together"-together. More like friends.
Bolin: Right, friends. No, no, I didn't mean to imply-
Korra: Oh, you implied it.

Bolin: Just ignore him. Yeah, I can show you the basics. I'm just not sure how my Earthbending would translate to your Waterbending, but we'll figure it out.
Korra: Won't be a problem. I'm actually a earthbender.
Bolin: I'm sorry. No, no, I didn't mean to assume... cause I was just figuring, with your Water Tribe get-up, that you are a Water Tribe... gal
Korra: No, you're right. I'm a waterbender and a firebender.
Bolin: Hm, I'm very confused right now.
Mako: You're the Avatar and I'm an idiot.
Korra: Both are true.

1.03 - The Revelation

Zolt: What... what did you do to me?!
Amon: Your firebending is gone... forever. The era of bending is over. A new era of equality has begun!

1.04 - The Voice in the Night

Hiroshi Sato: This is my daughter Asami.
Asami: It's lovely to meet you. Mako told me so much about you.
Korra: Really? Because he hasn't mentioned you at all. How did you two meet?
Bolin: (oblivious to tension) Asami crashed into him on her moped.

1.05 - The Spirit of Competition

Jinora: So, how's it going with the tall, dreamy Firebender-boy? You've been spending a lot of time together lately.
Ikki: Oh yeah, tell us all about the magical romance.
Korra: What? Listen to you two. I'm not interested in Mako or any romantic stuff. Besides he's all into that prissy, beautiful, elegant rich girl. But let's just pretend for a second I am interested in him; What would I do?

1.06 - And the Winner Is...

Lin Beifong: I can't believe your sweet-tempered father was reincarnated into that girl. She's tough as nails.
Tenzin: Reminds me of someone else I knew at that age. You two might get along if you would only give her a chance.
Lin Beifong: Hmph.

1.07 - The Aftermath

Korra: I have to admit. I had you pegged wrong, I thought you were kinda prissy. No offense.
Asami: It's alright. People usually assume that I'm Daddy's helpless little girl but I can handle myself. I mean I've been in self-defense classes since I was this high. My dad made sure I would always be able to protect myself.
Korra: Smart guy.

Lin Beifong: My Metalbenders are on their way to Amon and it's all my fault. Tarrlok's right. I've failed as chief. First thing in the morning, I'm handing in my resignation.
Tenzin: No! You can't give up like this.
Lin Beifong: I'm not giving up. I'm gonna find my officers and take Amon down. But I'm gonna do it my way: Outside the law.

1.08 - When Extremes Meet

Ikki: And now for the grand tour! The Flying Bison sleeps in those caves down there. And that's the temple grandpa Aang built. And that's the green house that we grow the vegetables we eat.
Bolin: I have a couple of questions. Is this an all vegetarian island? Is that where you train Airbending? Do we have to wear Air Acolyte clothes? Do we each get our own Sky Bison, and final question, how many trees are on this island?
Ikki: Yes, yes, no, no, ten-thousand-five-hundred-fifty-two.

Tarrlok: See, that's what I admire about you, Korra: Your willingness to go to extremes in order to get what you want. It is a quality we both share.

1.09 - Out of the Past

Amon: I thought I told you not to underestimate her.

1.10 - Turning the Tides

Meelo: That lady is my hero.
Tenzin: (Sadly) Yes. She is.

1.11 - Skeletons in the Closet

Korra: That's one of the saddest stories I've ever heard.

1.12 - Endgame

Korra: Aang.
Aang: You have finally connected with your spiritual self.
Korra: How?
Aang: When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Book 2: Spirits

2.01 - Rebel Spirit

Eska: Perhaps it would be interesting you spend time with a person whose ways are so rough and uncultured. (to Bolin) You amuse me. I will make you mine.
Bolin: You mean like a boyfriend Or- or like a slave?
Eska: Yes. (grabs Bolin by the collar) Win me prizes.

2.02 - Southern Lights

Unalaq: You want proof? Look to the sky. Where I'm from, the spirits are at peace, and they light up the dark.
Korra: The Northern lights.
Unalaq: Yes. There used to be lights in the South as well. But during the Hundred Year War, the South was thrown out of balance, and the lights disappeared. When the war ended, the North helped to rebuild physically as a nation. But we have not rebuilt spiritually. Now the spirits no longer dance in your skies. Instead, they rampage in the Everstorm.

2.03 - Civil Wars Part 1

Varrick: Rhetorical question, Zhu Li. You gotta keep up. Not to mention I've got a cargo ship full of Halibut that's rotting, thanks to this harbor lockdown. Who wants to buy a ship full of stinking fish? Seriously, it's not rhetorical. I need to sell these fish.

Tenzin: Kya's right. You're the oldest of us, but you always acted like the youngest. I had to become the responsible one.
Kya: You think you're the responsible one? Where were you after dad died and mom was all alone? Because I was the only one who packed up and moved my whole life to be with her.
Tenzin: Sure, after years of flitting around the world, trying to find yourself. It was time for you to settle down somewhere. You two have no idea how it feels to have the future of an entire culture on your shoulders.

2.04 - Civil Wars Part 2

Bolin: Yes, yes, my sweet koala-otter.
Eska: You are so cute when you grovel.

Varrick: Zhu Li never leaves my side. (drinks the tea, then spits it out) Blecch, blech! You forgot the honey!
Zhu Li: (muffled) Sorry, sir. There isn't any in here.
Varrick: No honey?! We're in a bear, for crying out loud!

2.05 - Peacekeepers

Unalaq: I told Korra what I thought she needed to hear.
Eska: I'll find her. (vengefully) She stole my husband.
Unalaq: I need her... alive.
Eska: (sighs) ...Fine.

Lin Beifong: (exits her office and sees Mako's smashed desk) What the flameo happened here?
Mako:... I broke up with the Avatar.
Lin Beifong: You got off easy. (smirks) You should have seen Air Temple Island after Tenzin broke up with me.

2.06 - The Sting

Korra: I don't know. I - I don't remember anything ...

2.07 - Beginnings Part 1

Raava: Yes. My name is Raava. That spirit you freed is Vaatu. He is the force of darkness and chaos. I am the force of light and peace. Since the beginning of time, we have battled for the fate of this world, and for the past ten thousand years, I have kept darkness under control and the world in balance. Until you came along.
Wan: So, by freeing Vaatu, I let chaos into the world?
Raava: Precisely. The human and spirit realms are heading toward annihilation, and it's all your fault.

2.08 - Beginnings Part 2

Lion Turtle: The world is entering a new age. Our time protecting mankind is over. We will no longer give humans the power of the elements.
Wan: Different groups of people must learn to live together. This is my mission: to use Raava's light spirit to guide the world toward peace.
(At the end of his life, and elderly Wan is lying alone on an abandoned battlefield and has one last conversation with Raava)
Wan: I'm sorry, Raava. I failed to bring peace. Even with Vaatu locked away, darkness still surrounds Humanity. There wasn't enough time.
Raava: Don't worry, we will be together for all of your lifetimes, and we will never give up. (Wan dies, and a glowing wisp leaves his mouth. The screen fades to white and a baby is heard crying.)

2.09 - The Guide

Tenzin: Just tell us everything!
Korra: Everything? Okay. (speaking very quickly while everyone looks at her, stunned) ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮
Everyone: ...
Tenzin: I knew this would happen!

2.10 - A New Spiritual Age

Jinora: Wow. I could just stay in here forever, reading.

Iroh: Even in the material world, you will find that if you look for the light, that you can often find it. But if you look for the dark, that is all you will ever see.

2.11 - Night of a Thousand Stars

Korra: You have a battleship?
Varrick: Of course I do! I bought the first one they made! Named her the Zhu Li.
Bolin: You named your battleship after your assistant?
Varrick: Yep! They're both cold, heartless war machines.
Zhu Li: Your tea, sir.

2.12 - Harmonic Convergence

: ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮

2.13 - Darkness Falls

Jinora: The world is in trouble.
Tenzin: What are you talking about? How do you know?
Jinora: I can feel it.
Bumi: What happened?
Jinora: It's Korra. (Jinora hands her father a butterfly spirit) This light spirit will guide you out of the Spirit World. (She begins to fade away) I have to go help.

2.14 - Light in the Dark

Korra: These are my memories.
Tenzin: The Tree of Time remembers all. Korra, the most powerful thing about you is not the spirit of Raava, but your own inner spirit. You have always been strong, unyielding, fearless.

Korra: I've realized that even though we should learn from those who came before us, we must also forge our own path. So that is why I have decided to keep the portals open. Humans can now physically enter the Spirit World and spirits will be free to roam our world. I will no longer be the bridge. Humans and spirits must learn to live together. My mission will always be to use Raava's light spirit to guide the world toward peace and balance. Harmonic Convergence has caused a shift in the planet's energy. I can feel it. Things will never be the same again. We are entering a New Age.

Book 3: Change

3.01 - A Breath of Fresh Air

Korra: Can't talk. Meditating.
Tenzin: (amused) You must be at the end of your rope; you hate meditating.

Kya: I have been noticing a change in your aura lately.
Bumi: And you didn't tell me!?

3.02 - Rebirth

Korra: It sounds ridiculous, but it might work.
Tenzin: I'm willing to try anything at this point.
Bolin: Yes! That is the kind of enthusiasm I like to hear.

Zuko: We don't need to track them. I know exactly where they're going. Notify the new chiefs of the Northern Water Tribe that an attack on their prison is imminent. And send word to Lin Beifong in Republic City. The Avatar must be protected.
White Lotus Sentry: Where are you going?
Zuko: To stop them.

3.03 - The Earth Queen

Eska: Why didn't anyone tell us we have a secret prison we could have been throwing people in?
Desna: I'd like to put my tailor in here. He never gets my cuffs right.         They're so creasy.

3.04 - In Harm's Way

Korra: All right, hold on. Will you quit ignoring me and tell me what's going on? Who's Zaheer? Why is my life in danger?
Tenzin: Shortly after we found out you were the Avatar, Zaheer and three others attempted to kidnap you. Luckily, your father, Lord Zuko, Chief Sokka, and I were there to stop them. We apprehended the criminals and locked them away in prisons designed to impair their abilities.
Korra: So that's why you and my dad sheltered me away.
Tenzin: It was for your own safety.
Mako: Why were they trying to kidnap Korra?
Lin Beifong: We spent 13 years interrogating them, but they never broke. To this day, no one knows what their motive was.

3.05 - The Metal Clan

Varrick: Sorry we're late, everyone.
Bolin: (gasps) Varrick!
Asami: What are you doing here?
Varrick: Great question, Asami. I mean, what are any of us doing here? Wow. Food for thought. Anyhoo, how's our company doing?

3.06 - Old Wounds

Zaheer: ...She's with the Metal Clan.

3.07 - Original Airbenders

Pema: I remember when I moved out of my parents' house, to become an Air Acolyte. That first night, I was so scared and lonely- and the bed was so hard!
Tenzin: It's actually better for your back. (Pema gives him a look) Sorry.

3.08 - The Terror Within


3.09 - The Stakeout

Suyin Beifong: Oh, don't be so over-dramatic. You can't control the Avatar's every move.
Lin Beifong: I can try!

Zaheer: We are part of a secret society, dedicated to restoring freedom to the world. We... are the Red Lotus.
Korra: Red Lotus? (pause) Are you related to the White Lotus?
Zaheer: We are what the White Lotus was meant to be... but after the Hundred Year War, the White Lotus lost it's true purpose. Its' members came out of hiding, and openly served the Avatar. They became nothing but glorified bodyguards, who served corrupt nations. So a great man named Xai Bao broke from the White Lotus, and began his own society.

3.10 - Long Live the Queen

3.11 - The Ultimatum

Zaheer: It's a pleasure to finally meet a true airbending master.
Tenzin: What is it you want from us?
Zaheer: Nothing at all. In fact, if everyone cooperates, you will all walk out of this situation unharmed.
Tenzin: Then what are you doing here?
Zaheer: I want Korra. And I'm tired of chasing her.
Tenzin: You're using us as leverage!
Zaheer: Yes.
Tenzin: I will never let you get to Korra!
Zaheer: Unfortunately, you don't have a choice.
Tenzin: Yes I do.

3.12 - Enter the Void

Asami: It's okay, Tenzin. We're about to get you out of here-

Suyin: It's over, Zaheer!
Zaheer: (closes his eyes) "Let Go Your Earthly Tether."
Lin Beifong: Release the Avatar!
Zaheer: "Enter The Void."
Suyin Beifong: This is your last warning!
Zaheer: "Empty... And Become Wind."

3.13 - Venom of the Red Lotus

Tenzin: He's unlocked powers of Airbending that haven't existed for thousands of years.
Jinora: ...There haven't been this many Airbenders in one place for a long time, either. (stands up) We have power together.

Tenzin: Jinora, come forward.

Book 4: Balance

4.01 - After All These Years


4.02 - Korra Alone

Mysterious woman: I'm pretty tapped into the goings-on around here. (Slight pause) what brings you to the Swamp, anyway?
Korra: A spirit led me here and told me I was supposed to find someone; is that you?
Mysterious woman: Beats me, but if your Avatar senses called you here, you should probably listen to them.
Korra: (Standing up) Wait. You recognize me?
Mysterious woman: In a manner of speaking. We were good friends in your previous life.

4.03 - The Coronation

Korra: That was terrible.
Toph: Ha! Maybe for you. I had a great time. I never realized how much I missed tormenting the Avatar. I wish you were putting up more of a fight, but it was still fun.
Korra: You were tossing me around like a rag doll all day long.
Toph: I know! And I'm an old lady! Imagine me in my prime. (laughing) I would have destroyed you!

4.04 - The Calling

Korra: Okay, you're terrible at telling stories.
Toph: You're terrible at listening to them!

4.05 - Enemy at the Gates

Yeah, well...

4.06 - The Battle of Zoafu

Um, you see the thing is...

4.07 - Reunion

Any quotes from these episodes give away a lot.

A LOT.

4.08 - Remembrances

Recap/filler episode.

4.09 - Beyond the Wilds

Zaheer: Let it play out.
Korra: I can't!
Zaheer: You can. Accept what happened to you. Don't fear what might have been.

4.10 - Operation Beifong

Toph: Lin, I can feel your enraged breathing from here. Just say what you have to say, and let's get it over with.

4.11 - Kuvira's Gambit

Kuvira: This land belongs to the people of the Earth Empire and it's time to take it back. Republic City will be ours!

4.12 - Day of the Colossus

4.13 - The Last Stand

Korra: I guess I see a lot of myself in you.
Kuvira: We are nothing alike.
Korra: Yes, we are. We're both fierce and determined to succeed, sometimes without thinking things through.

Korra: You wanted to create a place where you and your people would never be vulnerable again. I may not have been an orphan, but believe me, I understand what it feels like to be afraid.





Sources

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Korra_(season_3)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Korra
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1695360/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast
http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Malina