The first Mega Man game for the Nintendo Game Boy. Released in 1991 by Capcom, Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge is a hybrid of the first two Mega Man games for the NES: Mega Man and Mega Man 2. Enemies, items, graphics, and robot masters come from these games and are intermixed with each other. For example, the Flamehead enemy from Quick Man's stage in Mega Man 2 can be found in Fire Man's stage, a level from the first Mega Man.

The plot is as simplistic as these things get. Dr. Wily is out to destroy Mega Man once and for all by rebuilding eight of his most deadly robot masters. Thus, it's conveinient for Capcom to reuse elements of past games, albeit in monochromatic format.

The robot masters in the game are as follows:

It should be noted that the first four robot masters in the list have their own levels that need completing, while the last four are found in the first of two Dr. Wily levels and have no unique stages of their own. They are accessed from entering teleporter hatches. All eight robot masters give up their unique weapons once defeated. After defeating all eight robot masters, Mega Man faces a new boss robot: Enker. There is also an item that Mega Man obtains after defeating the first four robot masters on the list. This portable floating platform, Carry, is useful when Mega Man is about to fall into a hazardous area or simply needs a boost.

There are two Dr. Wily levels, each with their own unique hazards and dangers. The opening graphic of Dr. Wily's Skull Castle is reused from the NES's Mega Man 3.

The game was impressive in its day, although received criticism for its poor control and oversized character sprites that made it hard to avoid collision with enemies. The graphics, however, were considered top notch and the music faithfully recreated their NES's counterparts. The game was rereleased in the late 1990s just before the retiring of the Game Boy, and therefore is still somewhat easy to find in used game stores and eBay. The game was released in Japan as Rockman World.