"All humans are vermin in the eyes of Morbo." - Morbo

Morbo is the large-headed green alien newsanchor in the Futurama universe. He is half of the newscaster team Morbo and Linda who read the news on Channel √2 on various newscasts, special reports (such as presidential debates), and the two programs Good Morning Earth and Earth Invasion and Entertainment Tonight. He is most commonly seen only on television, but also appears in the background of scenes from time to time for a bit joke or just a space filler. The most notable aspect of his character is that he is not a stereotypical newsanchor. He's alluded several times during broadcasts that his species is preparing to attack and enslave Earth and that he himself is an invasion scout gathering information on humans. Nobody on the show seems to pay much attention to this, however, as Morbo makes threats against specific people and humanity in general ("I will destroy you!"). He often refers to humans as "puny", "vermin", "inferior", and "weak", although he does consider former president Richard Nixon's Head his good friend. When it comes to family we know that Morbo's is belligerent and numerous; he has a wife, Fawn, and an unknown number of children.

Voiced by Maurice LaMarche, Morbo's first appearance was in the Season One episode "A Big Piece Of Garbage". The creators electronically pitched LaMarche's voice down to a seemingly-impossible deepness to create the voice they envisioned for Morbo, but when he saw what they had done, he lowered his own voice to match the electronically touched-up one for all future appearances. Furthermore, you'll often find that Morbo is missing from the newscasts if an episode features a number of other aliens. The creators were afraid of confusing casual viewers with Morbo's presence if alien activity was essential to the plot of an episode (such as episodes that feature Lrr, the ruler of Omicron Persei 8 who often tries to invade Earth), so for those episodes you'll find that the part of the newscasts we, the viewer, see feature only Linda.

Morbo was last seen in the audience at Philip Fry's holophonor opera, Leela: Orphan Of The Stars, in "The Devils Hands Are Idle Playthings". His last speaking appearance was in "Bender Should Not Be Allowed On Television".


References:
Futurama Season One and Two DVDs