The massive facility that provides electricity to the citizens of Springfield on TV's The Simpsons. The plant (aka SNPP) is owned by local citizen and evil mastermind Charles Montgomery Burns. SNPP has often been cited for environmental violations, but nevertheless the plant continues to operate. Past violations include one room being knee-deep in glowing green liquid, a cracked cooling tower, a jammed gas-release valve, raccoons in the consoles, and any number of fires and explosions. SNPP is also blamed for killing ducks and mutating local wildlife.

In the early 1990s Mr. Burns sold SNPP to a group of German investors, however control of the plant soon fell back to the elderly miser when the Germans realized how horrible an investment the facility turned out to be. The plant has also come close to meltdown several times, and was surprisingly saved by Homer Simpson on at least three occassions.

SNPP employs a large staff, including Safety Inspector Homer Simpson, Carl Carlson, Lenny, Waylon Smithers, and Tibor (the guy who doesn't speak English). Past employees include the deceased Frank Grimes and Waylon Smithers, Sr..

Every establishing camera shot of SNPP features a crow cawing.


References:
Episodes of The Simpsons: Burns Verkaufen der Kraftwerk, Homer Defined, Marge Gets A Job, Homer's Enemy, The Blunder Years, and King Size Homer.

Quick Tidbit: The Simpsons Archive at http://www.snpp.com takes its name from the SNPP.