My hometown, and home to over 500,000 people within the city and surrounding suburbs.

  • Education: Colleges include RIT, UofR, MCC, and SUNY Brockport. There are also many other colleges close by, such as Cornell, SUNY Oswego, or SUNY Geneseo.
  • Suburbs: Fairport, Churchville, Chili, Gates, Wheatland, Ogden, Scottsville, Spencerport, Henrietta, Greece, Brighton, East Rochester, Webster, Penfield, Palmyra, Pittsford, Riga, Rush...
  • Major TV Channels: 13 - ABC, 8 - CBS, 10 - NBC/21 - PBS/31 - FOX
  • Major corporations: Kodak, Bausch & Lomb, Paychex, Xerox
  • Local Culture:
    • We are home to the makers of Jolt Cola.
    • Everyone in Rochester has seen the trippy Easter bunny and Santa Claus commercials for the House of Guitars. They've been running the same ones for years and years. The shop itself is a great place for musicians and is mildly famous among rock stars.
    • We are home to Genny beer. However it has recently been sold to a larger beer manufacturer.
    • Tahou's garbage plates are famous here. and the reason why people flock to get incredibly greasy food from the 2 or 3 locations within Rochester.
    • We were the Flour City. Now we are the Flower City - because of the annual Lilac Festival. We also sometimes are known as The Imaging Capital of the World for the heavy Kodak and Xerox influence.
  • Random factoids:
    • Became heavily populated during the 1800's due to it being a popular stop along the Erie Canal
    • Susan B. Anthony was famous women's rights activist from Rochester, and Rochester has a rich history in women's rights.
    • George Eastman created Kodak in the late 1800's here in Rochester. His business became a staple to the area's workers. He also contributed heavily to the UofR, and his home is now a museum for the history of film. It is also a very popular spot for wedding photos.
    • We get more snowfall than does the North Pole per year. This is because the North Pole gets some snowfall but it stays around, whereas we get a ton of snow which then melts, and we are then assaulted by another massive wave of snowfall.