I had a few strange notions that I was so sure of when I was a kid. Sometimes you never learn that its not true until you're quite old and you end up misusing a word or throwing your entirely false belief into a conversation and people all stop and stare at you like an imbecile.

    Here's a few of mine:
  • I still thought that gum stays in your stomach for five years, up until last year. I never considered that you'd need a special storage organ that would take gum from your other food intake and somehow store it.
  • When I was a kid I always just figured that before I was born or even conceived that I was floating around in outer space. I have no clue why...
  • The word 'paranoid'. I thought I knew what it meant when I was young and tried to impress my parents by using it. Thing was, I thought it was a type of triangle.
  • Bosom. Yes thats right, I had this one wrong at the age of 10 or so, when I used it with my parents again. I thought it was your butt - go figure. When they told me I didn't have a bosom and laughed I decided I ought to go check the dictionary...
  • When I was real small I had a fear of sharks from watching the Discovery Channel too much. Anyways I had the normal fear of every child, the bad things under their bed. But I also went a little strange and thought that there were these land-sharks, and I'd just see their fins sticking out of my bedroom rug as they chased me when I hopped out of bed. You see they waited underneath so I couldn't see their fins.