"CQ" is the first film written and directed by Roman Coppola (son of Francis Ford Coppola, brother of Sophia Coppola) about Paul (Jeremy Davies), an aspiring film director who, living with his girlfriend in 1969 Paris, is working on a personal documentary about finding what is real and honest. His day job is editing a science fiction film called "Codename: Dragonfly" that takes place in the distant year 2001. After a screening of the film for its producer, the current director is fired and Paul is given the task of completing the sci-fi action adventure himself. As Paul tries to find an ending for both films simultaneously, the line between science fiction and reality starts to dissolve and he finds himself falling for Agent Dragonfly (or is it the actress who plays her).

Though competent as a film on its own, "CQ" (used in the film as code for "SEEK YOU") is really a valentine to the films of the 1960's, mostly European like the works of Mario Bava (whose "Danger Diabolik" largely inspired this film), Fracois Truffaut and Jean-Luc Godard. Coppola pays homage to many films of the new wave era, such as "David Holzman's Diary", "Girl on a Motorcycle" and "Dr. Strangelove", with visual appropriations and even references with dialogue. The result of these influences is a refreshingly stylized movie.

To achieve the look of the film, Coppola shot mostly on camera lenses designed in the 1960's, and also used only period special effects (no computers) to create the science fiction elements. Among his stellar cast he included John Phillip Law (star of "Danger Diabolik") and Kit Carson (star of "David Holzman's Diary").

CQ was released in 2001, and is 88 minutes long. It stars Jeremy Davies, Angela Lindvall, Elodie Bouchez, Gerard Depardieu, Giancarlo Giannini, Dean Stockwell, Jason Schwartzman and Billy Zane.
Music by Mellow.