A good mood, life-update daylog.

I've said before, and I'll say again, that daylogs are one of my favorite parts of E2. There's no better way to start the day than to read about the last 24 hours of several noders' lives. I love the random nature of daylogs; the fact that they contain the things that don't fit, or may not be accepted anywhere else within the nodegel. But I particularly like the ones that simply tell you the truth about a noder's life. Yes, it's a bit like reading someone's personal weblog... but so much better.

With this in mind, I'm gonna do a "life update" daylog...

It has been over four months since I last daylogged (when I ended my pitiful attempt to stop smoking) and I've been through a particularly large amount of changes since then. I've finished at university, got a proper job and moved house.

That's right; I now have a proper job. This is probably the main reason why my noding activity has waned somewhat recently. The really cool thing is that my job - doing web development for an FE college - is so similar to what I'd be doing anyway if I was at home that it's not like working at all. Except I get paid for it. I'm even using eCore, so it's just like noding. Happy? I should say so.

While I'm on the subject. eCore is such a great system, I don't understand why it's not more widely used. Even with things like Ruby on Rails and Catalyst I find I can implement stuff on eCore so much faster than anything else while still being flexible enough to do whatever the hell you want with it.

Back to me, then. I also have a proper house. Not a shitty one-bedroom flat with a resident rat and a mouldy bathroom (really!) This is a house, with a garden and a patio and a garage and.... central heating! Oh, the wonder of waking up in the morning and finding frost only on the outside of the window. Also, instead of having my phone cut off like the last place, we have ADSL and WiFi. I can sit on the toilet, having a dump and kicking arse at Mario Kart DS at the same time! I'm in fucking heaven.

Now, here comes the bad bit: Smoking Ban. "Bastards!" Um. Yeah. I totally failed in the attempt to give up smoking. So much so that I don't even want to any more. However, many noders gave me help and support during my anguish and I never really took the time to thank them. So thanks muchly to karma debt, inlet, golFUR, vorbis, Lometa, isogolem and Master Villan; and I am very ashamed. Thanks also to joes3029 who tried to persuade me not to give up, and whose How to quit Not Smoking node is fucking great. Go upvote.

I've also just discovered I've made level 4. If you're on my Super Secret list of nodes to C! when I get that power, I have, expect a ching at any point (I'll be picking them randomly). Anyway - I'm gonna wrap this up now and think of a proper node to write. Needless to say, my life is so cool at the moment you'd have to cut my legs off to annoy me. Please don't cut my legs off.

/me calms down