To deligate joyfully for both parties is a skill mastered by few.

Deligation is part of teamwork. It requires trust and belief.

Note that with delegation we understand the distribution of a task, problem or responsibility to another individual or organisation who will report to you upon completion and if their arise complications.

The one who delegates should always first verify if there will be no pressure (other than self-imposed) on the person. All information and resources to tackle the problem or issue need to be provided (this needs to be verified at the start and during the process. The task should allow the other to function at or slightly above his or her level - one can always make the task easier or harder by providing more or less structure, support, resources, time, etc.

To delegate correctly requires a good description of what the task, problem or responsibility is, what it's framework and boundaries are, etc.

Although it is good for people in a team to specialize on specific tasks or areas, one person should not always be delegated everything related to this specialty. It has to be a team effort; perhaps that specialist can break up the work and delegate parts of it to competent individuals/organisations.