A fashion designer whose designs range from the hipster and runway-trendy to T-shirts bearing his sloppy "Mossimo" signature and usually some sort of slogan. I'm sure you've all seen at least one. The best-selling line of T-shirts has gone from selling at Nordstrom's about 10 years ago to being currently sold at Target. Other lines are worn by friends Janet Jackson and Stephen Baldwin. His target demographic is mainly the Gen-X crowd, but it seems that most of his clothes are worn only by middle school students. His runway fashions seem notably bland and simply contemporary, but then again, I know nothing about fashion. I only buy used clothes at Value Village, where interestingly enough, you can probably find hundreds of his T-Shirts.

Mossimo Gianulli attended the University of Southern California but dropped out in 1987 after realizing his skill for designing and selling T-Shirts to fraternities. He began his company by designing shorts, shirts, and sweats for the beach volleyball crowd in California. In the early years, after a $100,000 investment from daddy, his company grossed $1 million.

Some facts taken from Nadine Kam of the Honolulu Star-Bulletin, http://starbulletin.com/96/08/06/features/story1.html