This node is an apology, in some ways, to the aformentioned Henry J. Nasiff.

I had read the title for this node often before, never clicking on it. At least six times, in fact. But it's a good name, Hank the Angry Drunken Dwarf, I thought each time it crossed paths with me.

Good ring to it. Very fantasy sounding, no? You can imagine Hank, angry and drunk, in one hand booze, in the other, axe, slashing up orcs like any good stereotype-fantasy dwarf.

And that got me thinking.

In my next chance as GM, while playing Gurps, all the guys gathered round. Only some of my friends, called Stevil, Adam, Toby and Kev could make it, so we in a comic way, rather than a realistic aproach.

Anyway, back to the point. There they were, Crossbowman, a Strider, a Mage and a Firebreather. They were working on an adventure where they had started tackling the undead. I can't remember it all, but I can remember fitting into the spirit of the evening as they found the Cells. Then I had an idea.
"as you ask round the prison for a healer, an old woman in red suggests you talk to Hank."
"Hank?" asked Toby, three health from unconsciousness.
"From the back of the room, in the darkness, you hear someone reply: F'koff."
"Who says that?"
"Hank, apparently."

The rest of the evening was filled with Hank. I portrayed him as an angry alchoholic, good with an axe- and while helping them, omnipresently, was never actually seen by the party, and only did Father Jack impressions. (I.E. He only said "F'koff! Drink! F'k!" Etc.)

For some reason, he was one of the most popular parts of that campaign. Every now and again, he still makes a cameo- "As you walk through the gates, one of the guards mumbles something. 'F'koff'."

For portraying this man as I assumed, who I never met, for turning him into a joke, I am sorry. But maybe he'd liked to hear the party laugh.