Jeff Foskett is a Californian power pop guitarist, singer and songwriter. Foskett has released several albums on his own, and has worked with Marshall Crenshaw and The Everly Brothers among others, but is best known for his connections with the Beach Boys.

Foskett was 'discovered' by Beach Boys lead vocalist Mike Love who added Foskett to his band for his solo tour in support of the Looking Back With Love album in 1981. Foskett joined the Beach Boys as a backing member in the mid 80s, playing guitar and singing Brian Wilson's falsetto parts (including leads on songs like Don't Worry Baby) on stage, and playing (and possibly singing - though the Beach Boys have always been slightly coy about crediting additional vocalists, more so than they have with instrumentalists) on the Still Cruisin' album. He also joined tribute band Papa Doo Run Run at this time.

Foskett left the band in the early 90s, under a slight cloud (rumours vary as to the cause of Foskett's departure, some blame Foskett, others Mike Love), and started to put out albums on his own New Surf label.

Foskett's albums are at their best when they show least Beach Boy influence - his best, Cool And Gone (Gone Gone), is closer to Marshall Crenshaw than anyone else - but he is excellent at producing Beach Boy pastiche tracks, which are often indistinguishable from the real thing.

While Foskett's departure from the Beach Boys was not entirely amicable, he still remained on good enough terms with the band that he has appeared with them on occasion since. He is currrently the on stage band leader for Brian Wilson's touring band, appearing on Wilson's Live At The Roxy album, and also makes occasional appearances with Ricci, Desi and Billy, a band led by Beach Boy sideman Billy Hinsche.

Albums:
The Other Takes
Thru My Window
Christmas At The Beach
Sunnys Off
Cool And Gone (Gone, Gone)
The Best Of Jeffrey Foskett
Twelve And Twelve

More info:
www.brianwilson.com
www.new-surf.com
www.papadoo.com