The last Beach Boys
album ever is this 1996 album of remakes of old classics, with the band acting as backing vocalists for country music
While the album is produced by Brian Wilson (vocals) and Joe Thomas (instruments), the concept was Mike Love's, and he gets executive producer credits.
The band sound fine, although they're hampered by middle of the road arrangements, and there are one or two gorgeous moments (Warmth Of The Sun and Caroline, No are staggering), but in general one has to wonder why they wasted their time doing this when they could have been recording new songs.
Within two years, Carl Wilson was dead, and the Beach Boys, except as a touring name for Mike Love, were no more...
- Don't Worry Baby lead vocal - Lorrie Morgan
- Little Deuce Coupe lead vocal - James House
- 409lead vocal - Junior Brown
- Long Tall Texan lead vocal - Doug Supernaw
- I Get Around lead vocal - Sawyer Brown
- Be True To Your School lead vocal - Toby Keith
- Fun Fun Fun lead vocal - Ricky Van Shelton
- Help Me Rhonda lead vocal - T. Graham Brown
- Warmth Of The Sun lead vocal - Willie Nelson
- Sloop John B lead vocal - Colin Raye with Matt Jardine
- I Can Hear Music lead vocal - Kathy Troccolli
- Caroline, No lead vocal - Timothy B Schmit
The album is currently available on River North Records
Band line-up for the album - Brian Wilson, Carl Wilson, Al Jardine, Mike Love,Bruce Johnston with Matt Jardine
Produced by Brian Wilson and Joe Thomas, executive producer Mike Love
Previous album - Summer In Paradise