Compiled overview of the 100 ton DVS-2 Devastator 'Mech, from various BattleTech novels and game sourcebooks:



The Devastator was built from a Star League-era design, discovered in 3023 by Davion troops in the remains of a Star League base on the planet Hoff. Inner Sphere scientists and BattleMech manufacturers, however, lacked the technology to build the Gauss rifles, extra-light engines, and double heat sinks the design required. The blueprints for the Devastator languished in the files of the New Avalon Institute of Science for ten years, until advanced technological information uncovered in the Gray Death memory core enabled House Davion to construct a prototype of the 'Mech.

Originally designed by General Aleksandr Kerensky to correct the flaws in the prototype Titan 'Mech, the Devastator can deliver tremendous firepower at long range. The chaos of the Amaris Civil War disrupted the development of the original Devastator, though several prototypes reached General Kerensky's forces in time for the final assault on Terra. No record of the 'Mech's deployment during the Succession Wars exists; experts assume that all the prototypes accompanied General Kerensky in the Exodus.

The relative lightness of the Devastator's 300 XL engine enables the 'Mech to carry several heavy weapons and extra double heat sinks. A total of fourteen double heat sinks keep the Devastator cool even at the height of battle, and eighteen and a half tons of armor give the Devastator excellent protection.

The Devastator's weapons are impressive and deadly. Two Poland Main Model A Gauss rifles and two Donal Partical Projection Cannons make up the major portion of the 'Mech's arsenal, allowing the Devastator to inflict immense damage at long range. The 'Mech's four tons of Gauss slugs are stored in four separate bins, eliminating the possibility of putting the Gauss rifles out of action with a single lucky hit. For short-range combat, the Devastator is equipped with four Intek Medium Lasers, including one rear-mounted laser.

Norse-Storm BattlMechs, Inc. has been producing a moderate number of Devastators at their Loxley facility for the past ten years. All of these units have been sold to the Federated Commonwealth. It is unknown how many Devastators were deployed with Lyran units when the Lyran Alliance declared its independence from the Commonwealth. Experts estimate that as many as 100 Devastators may be stationed along the borders of the Clan occupation zones.



Note: Information used here was the domain of FASA before they split the rights between Wizkids LLC and Microsoft (table-top gaming and video games respectively). Copyright of the fluff text is in limbo, but names of persons, places, & things are without any doubt the property of Wizkids LLC. Use of any terms here related to the BattleTech trademark are not meant as a challenge to Wizkids LLC's rights.