compiled overview of the 90 ton Emperor 'Mech, from various BattleTech novels and game sourcebooks:



When the SLDF High Command wanted a new assault 'Mech incorporating all the latest chrome, they secretly solicited proposals from several BattleMech manufacturers. The SLDF High Command liked what they saw in StarCorps Industries' Emperor design and awarded the company a contract.

The lightweight new XL engine lay at the heart of the new design, allowing the StarCorps design team to place additional components on the Emperor that would otherwise have made the 'Mech too heavy. First, they added double-strength heat sinks that enabled the Emperor to dissipate large amounts of heat quickly. The designers also gave the Emperor two state-of-the-art Imperator Code Red LB10-X Autocannons and two tons of ammunition for each. When loaded with special cluster rounds, the autocannons are extremely deadly against aerospace fighters.

Backing up the autocannon duo is an impressive array of energy weapons; two Magna Mk III Large Lasers, two Defiance P5M Medium Pulse Lasers and a standard Phototech 806c Medium Laser. To give the Emperor more maneuverability, the design team installed Pitban LFT-50 jump jets. The Emperor also boasts an impressive seventeen and a half tons of heavy armor covering the Emperor's frame. For the brutal close-in fighting that often occurs in cities, the Emperor is equipped with two hand actuators.

The Lyran Alliance and the St. Ives Compact have deployed several lances of Emperors since it's first appearance in 2502. The Capellan Confederation owns several but has yet to deploy them despite its desperate need for front-line assault 'Mechs. According to rumor, Chancellor Sun-Tzu Liao is displeased with McCarron's Trading Company, builders of the Emperor on Menke, allegedly because all Emperors produced so far have ended up in McCarron's Armored Cavalry. The St. Ives Compact recently announced its decision to sell Emperors to the Federated Commonwealth, and StarCorps Industries plants in the Lyran Alliance intend to sell a few Emperors to Alliance-affiliated mercenary units.



Note: Information used here was the domain of FASA before they split the rights between Wizkids LLC and Microsoft (table-top gaming and video games respectively). Copyright of the fluff text is in limbo, but names of persons, places, & things are without any doubt the property of Wizkids LLC. Use of any terms here related to the BattleTech trademark are not meant as a challenge to Wizkids LLC's rights.