compiled overview of the 30 ton Firefly 'Mech, from various BattleTech novels and game sourcebooks:



The last example of this well-armed reconnaissance 'Mech was thought to have been destroyed during the Second Succession War. Rumors that the Firefly might survive in isolated parts of the Periphery persisted for two centuries, but no one expected it to appear in numbers so large as it did with Wolf's Dragoons. The Firefly is one of the Dragoons' most important 'Mechs, serving in light lances and compiling an excellent performance record.

Third-hand reports picked up by a ROM agent in the St. Ives Compact indicate that the Dragoons are planning the following field modifications to further improve the Firefly’s performance...

Manufacturer: Coventry/Earthwerks Combine
Primary Factory: Terra
Chassis: Earthwerks Firefly
Power Plant: GM 150
Cruising Speed: 54 kph
Maximum Speed: 86 kph
Jump Jets: Lexington Lifters
Jump Capacity: 120 meters
Armor: StarSlab/1 with CASE
Communications System: Datcom 18
Targeting and Tracking System: Radcom TXX
Armament:
-- 3 Martell Medium Lasers
-- 1 Coventry LRM-5 Missle Rack
-- 1 SureFire 444 Anti-Missle System



Note: Information used here was the domain of FASA before they split the rights between Wizkids LLC and Microsoft (table-top gaming and video games respectively). Copyright of the fluff text is in limbo, but names of persons, places, & things are without any doubt the property of Wizkids LLC. Use of any terms here related to the BattleTech trademark are not meant as a challenge to Wizkids LLC's rights.