compiled overview of the 85 ton Shogun 'Mech, from various BattleTech novels and game sourcebooks:



Produced by Mitchell Vehicles on Graham IV shortly before the fall of the Star League, the Shogun was the heaviest 'Mech ever to carry jump jets until the Marauder II was modified to jump. It was intended for fighting in cities and close terrain, where it can traverse buildings, rubble, and other obstacles more quickly than other 'Mechs. The Shogun is also capable of delivering the devastating, if dangerous, Death from Above attack. It has performed well in combat, often landing unexpectedly amid enemy 'Mechs, damaging them and departing.

The Shogun is most always armed with a Coventry Starfire LRM-15 Missle Rack mounted in both arms in a configeration very simular to the LRM launcher of the Zeus. The LRMs are backed by the ever reliable Magna Hellstar PPC. A pair of Thunderstroke SRM-6 Missle Racks stradle the cockpit.

Appearing frequently only in Zeta Battalion of the mercenary unit Wolf's Dragoons, the Shogun is uncommon in the other Dragoon regiments and almost unknown in the armies of the Successor States. Zeta Battalion's fearless fighting style cost them quite a few Shoguns in the decades prior to the Fourth Succession War. The heavy losses suffered by the Dragoons in the shootout on Misery almost made the Shogun an extinct 'Mech. Because security is so tight on Outreach, the home base of Wolf's Dragoons, ComStar has been unable to formulate reliable estimates of the number of surviving Shoguns. Unless the Dragoons have a source of new 'Mechs, however, the number cannot be very high.

Note: Information used here was the domain of FASA before they split the rights between Wizkids LLC and Microsoft (table-top gaming and video games respectively). Copyright of the fluff text is in limbo, but names of persons, places, & things are without any doubt the property of Wizkids LLC. Use of any terms here related to the BattleTech trademark are not meant as a challenge to Wizkids LLC's rights.