It's utterly amazing sometimes how life can throw you for a loop. I've had so much fun within the last two days that I almost feel guilty about it. The operative word is almost. It's been a fun two days but like yesterday, a day of masks and fake facades. It tires one out easily, and most importantly, very quickly. But at least its nice to have something to smile about, even when its forced.

The night started off with a cell phone call. Ring. "Hi..". I replied "Hey..". It was an old friend, one that I haven't talked to for the longest time. I've been recently on a trip through nostalgia and this was definitely a pleasant surprise. We talked for a few hours, while I waited for Dawadeving to play a game of Brood War. We didn't wind up playing because he wound up sleeping but I didn't mind. We caught up on old times, opened up old wounds, and tried to playfully rekindle old flames. Finally, about 6 am came, and I thought I should sleep. I had to work in about 5.5 hours and I won't be awake in time if I don't. "Bye...Sweet dreams...". I replied "Yes...You have sweet dreams too...I hope to talk to you soon...". I knew that the next time that I would talk to her would be probably in about a year's time but then, saying that made me feel better somehow. I think its positive reinforcement of an ideal image in my mind. With that passing thought, I close my eyes and sleep, hoping that my dreams to be as pleasant as the night before. I feel myself eventually drifting off into the darkness of slumber and I succumb to its call.

11:00. I have work in half an hour. I get ready and get to work in time. I get my usual pack of mentos and get to work. I tried to get off at 6 instead of 8 since my bicep locks on it and I wanted to go to the doctor to check it out. Hope it isn't tendonitis on the elbow. I even wore a tensor like I did all day yesterday, and was center of attention. "How are you?...Oh..What happened?...", "Oh! Are you all right?...". While sort of nice, it was better from the co-workers that I thought were lovely. It was a day of physical labor, but I didn't mind. I didn't get to go to the gym so this was my very inadequate replacement. It's better than nothing.

I get home, but forgot to tell my mom that I'm going out for sushi with some friends and she cooked me some food. I didn't want to hurt her feelings so I take some but don't really eat much. Didn't want to spoil all you can eat after all. I call MrFurious to check to see if he was coming but he didn't know the time and I even got annoyed about it, thinking that we would be late. We wound up being the first ones there.

Richmond Sushi was packed tonight, and I saw so many old friends, both I met through work and school. Even better, I saw the friends that I intended to meet there, and more. Three of them were attractive and I haven't seen for a while. We used to work together at McDonald's, during it's glory days, at least that's what I wanted to think. We were joking around while eating and finally wound up at the arcade where I played a game of DDR with one of the lovely ladies and took some picture cards by Lovegety. We even planned a clubbing day next week to the Purple Onion. Off we go. Then MrFurious gave my buddy and our mutual friend a ride home. It has been a fun night except a stupid prank by some immature bastards where they threw water balloons at passing cars. They even broke some man's windshield. But even that can't ruin the day so far.

Now I'm home, trying to physically and mentally revive myself for the coming day. I'm again in the dark, but again FinKL is the music of choice, with their perky style of Korean Pop. I would be lying to you if I said that I didn't find anything wrong with today but I think that it's a matter of the good outweighing the bad.

I've always thought that even though McDonald's is a crappy place to work, it was the most fun I've had in a workplace. Great people to work with, cute girls, and people my age. Then seeing them again, I remember pretty much growing up during the teenage years together. Three years is a lot of time and I've grown up alongside them. Chatting during work, talking outside, fooling around. It almost makes me want to go back but the same crew aren't there anymore. I miss the memories more than the place. But again, like a lost love, it's all in the past. Nothing will ever change that. One cannot live on memories alone and nor do I expect myself to. But still, nothing can make me stop yearning for those fantastic times.

Now I'm alone again, with the solitude of my subconscious, and the melodies of the music coming from my computer speakers. I press my fingers against one another, making a cage over my palms. I move them so that my index fingers are on my upper lip and my thumbs on my chin. I look at the sticker pictures and the picture card. I smile. I pray that I may have another day like this. Now I feel a sudden chill. It's time to go. I hope that tomorrow isn't simply another day, but another great day.