There is a side of me, the happy undaunting side, that I always show the world. Truth be told, its not always happy but it is what I want the world to see. It isn't the face of solemness, nor the face of solitude. It is the face that allows people to approach me to talk, and to allow me to listen to their problems.

There is the side of me that lives in the darkness in the corner of my mind. It is the side of me that whimpers like a little child, always battered, always abused. Allowed to come out once in a while, not enough to see the light, just enough to allow it some warmth. Its been neglected, not allowed out enough to show its true self.

Within this darkness a vault opens, filled with dark scrolls, marked with green runes. My mind reaches out to read them but the markings crumble to dust. They are secrets, secrets never to be revealed, never to be told, to those close to me. They are more than skeletons because they have flesh, something more than blood. They stumble towards my consciousness, only to entangle them. They wrap around so tightly that I cannot see, feel nor breathe.

Then there is something deeper. I can feel it. It is more than what I bargain for and more than I can see. I feel it through my pores. It escapes through each crevasse, each opening in my body. It runs through my eyes, and hits the light. But its not the same type of light. They fight each other, conflicting.

At one point, I would have said that I'm just a two sided coin. Now, I feel lucky to see if I'm worth a nickel or the paper I'm printed on.