Buffy The Vampire Slayer Episode Guide

Season 1, episode 7

Angel

Written by David Greenwalt
Directed by Michael Schultz
Original air date: April 14, 1997
Episode #: 4V07

Cast:
Buffy Summers: Sarah Michelle Gellar
Angel: David Boreanaz
Xander Harris: Nicholas Brendon
Willow Rosenberg: Alyson Hannigan
Rupert Giles: Anthony Stewart Head
Cordelia Chase: Charisma Carpenter
Joyce Summers: Kristine Sutherland
Darla: Julie Benz

On her way home, Buffy is attacked by three vampires, who were sent to avenge the death of one of The Master's minions. When she's fighting them, Angel appears. They manage to get to Buffy's house, where they are safe from the vampires. Buffy treats Angel's wounds, and he spends the night at her place.

The next day at school, Buffy tells Giles about the attackers, and he identifies them as warrior vampires. He insists that Buffy trains even harder, so she can fight them better. Later that day, Buffy meets up with Angel again, and they share a kiss. Only then she finds out he's a vampire.

Later, Angel meets Darla. Darla was his lover hundreds of years earlier, and really doesn't like Angel spending time with Buffy. Giles finds out that Angel is a 240 year old vampire. He's been living alone in the U.S. for 80 years, and hasn't killed while he was there.

Darla goes to Buffy's house, planning to kill her. Joyce, Buffy's mother, lets her in because Darla pretends to be a student from Buffy's school. She bites Joyce in the neck, just as Angel arrives. He tells her to let go of Joyce, and she throws her victim to Angel. Buffy comes home, sees Angel holding her mother, and assumes he has bitten her.

Buffy now wants to kill Angel. When she confronts him, he tells her his soul had been restored by gypsies years ago, and that he regrets all the terrible things he did in his life. Darla sees them and tries to kill Buffy. Angel then fights Darla, and kills her. When The Master finds out that Darla, his favorite, has been killed, he goes berserk. The Annointed One comforts him.

previous episode  next episode
Index