Buffy The Vampire Slayer Episode Guide

Season 1, episode 10

The Puppet Show

Written by Joss Whedon and David Greenwalt
Directed by Bruce Seth Green
Original air date: May 12, 1997
Episode #: 4V10

Cast:
Buffy Summers: Sarah Michelle Gellar
Xander Harris: Nicholas Brendon
Willow Rosenberg: Alyson Hannigan
Rupert Giles: Anthony Stewart Head
Cordelia Chase: Charisma Carpenter

At night, Buffy has a nightmare. She dreams that she is attacked by The Master. Later that day at school, spiders come crawling out a book when it is opened and attack the kid who opened it. When Buffy, Xander and Willow question the boy, he tells them he had nightmares in which the same thing happens. Soon everyone’s nightmares come true. Buffy makes a test for which she hasn’t studied, Xander is walking through school only in his underwear. Later, a girl is attacked by an ugly man. When the girl is questioned about it, she tells them the man spoke the words “lucky nineteen”.

Whenever a nightmare comes true, a young boy is nearby. Buffy finds a newspaper with a picture of the boy. The article in the paper explains that the boy is in coma after falling down in a sports game. Giles tells Buffy that maybe she has seen his astral body, since his physical body is in the hospital. So Buffy goes to the hospital to find the boy. He tells her that the ugly man is trying to kill him. But then the ugly man appears, and attacks Buffy, but she kicks his ass.

The nightmares keep coming for the scooby gang, as Willow has to sing in an opera, unprepared, and Xander is chased by a clown with a knife. Buffy and the little boy escape from the ugly man, but when they do they jump from school during daytime into a cemetary at night. There, Buffy gets thrown into an empty grave by The Master. Xander, Willow and Giles need to find Buffy before it’s all too late, so they go and search for her. They see the cemetary (where it is night) across the street and go there to investigate. When they find Buffy’s grave, and she returns from the dead as a vampire. She’s still sane though, and they rush to the hospital to stop the ugly man from killing the boy. They manage to reverse everything, and everyone lives happily ever after.

previous episode  next episode
Index