Resurrection is an album by heavy metal band Halford, released in 2000 on Metal-Is records. The awesome vocals are done by ex-Judas Priest frontman Rob Halford, with Patrick Lachman and Mike Chlasciak on guitars, Ray Riendeau on bass guitar, and Bobby Jarzombek on drums.

The album really is a sort of resurrection for Rob Halford. After his not so successful projects Fight and Two, he returned to make pure heavy metal again with Resurrection. The album cover also displays Rob with a thing of his old Judas Priest days: a motorcycle.
The production was done by Roy Z. (the same guy who helped Bruce Dickinson with making some of the best metal albums of recent years). And speaking of Dickinson, he guest-stars on the album on The One You Love To Hate.

The album is overall pretty heavy, although there is even a ballad in the form of Silent Screams. Some songs have high screaming vocals, much like the old Judas Priest days with Rob. Other songs have more normal vocals though. An absolute dream-come-true for every heavy metal fan is the team-up with one of the other gods of metal, the already mentioned Bruce Dickinson.

Unfortunately, only half of the album is really good. Don't get me wrong, as a whole, the album is amazing, but that's mostly because the first half. The rest of the songs are not bad either, but it seems as if the well of inspiration dried out during the second half of the album. Fortunately, Rob and the band decided to release a live album in 2001 which makes you forget the second half of the Resurrection album and delivers more of that good old heavy metal which made Rob famous..

Tracklisting:

There is also a limited edition version of the album, in a small box, with a sticker, a postcard and a poster. Unfortunately, no bonus tracks. The Japanese version however has two bonus tracks: Sad Wings and Hell's Last Survivor.