Jodhpur boots are a type of riding boot originating from the former Indian state of Jodhpur. They are lower than the traditional English riding boot or American cowboy boot, coming up just enough to cover the ankle, and as such are generally classified as a type of paddock boot.

Taller riding boots are often preferred by riders because higher boots protect the shin from rubbing against the stirrup leathers and whipping against low brush. Modern riders may wear half-chaps with their Jodhpur boots, but the traditional solution is to wear the boots with the complementary Jodhpur riding breeches, which have reinforced fabric on the inner thigh, are close-fitting without spare fabric to get pinched, and were primarily used in civilized riding contexts... perhaps being primarily designed for playing polo.

The defining features of Jodhpur boots are as technical as for any other shoe. They have a rounded toe and a low raised heel (to sit firmly on the stirrup). Their vamp is sewn over the quarters, giving a simple, unadorned appearance (if the quarters are over the vamp, it is not a Jodhpur but a monk strap boot). They are fastened by a simple strap and buckle, distinguishing them from the traditional English lace-up paddock boot or the elastic-sided Chelsea boot. As with other riding boots, the Jodhpur is smooth-soled, allowing for easy insertion/removal from the stirrups.

Modern Jodhpur boots are often favored for children, as they are cheaper than a full riding boot, and thus a good choice for young ones who are likely to outgrow their boots quickly. Additionally, they are officially required in saddle seat riding competitions.