Battery Life:
  • Stereo music listening time: 12 hours
  • Phone talk time: 15-17 hours
  • Standby Time: 400-500 hours

Weight: 100g

Dimensions: 165mm x 165mm x 63.5mm

Supported Bluetooth Profiles (v1.2):

  • Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP)
  • Audio Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP)

“The lightweight, ergonomic Motorola HT820 provides premium communication and music connectivity with minimized background noise and reliable battery power. Complete with a 3.5mm headset jack and accessory cable, the headset is compatible with non-Bluetooth devices for universal music enjoyment."

-Product Manufacturer's Description


Features:

  • Pause, skip forward, skip backward buttons on the right side(the "M"/pause button becomes an "Ignore call" button when taking a call, and during a call, the "End call" button)
  • Turn the volume up and down, in addition to launching your phone's voice recognition software on the left side (The latter becomes the answer button when receiving a call)

  • Pros: Great music quality, Very long battery life, Good value.

    Cons: Can get uncomfortable after awhile, Music may not be loud enough in windy or noisy environments, No visual battery level indicator.

    My Thoughts:

    Pairing the HT820 with my Rant (Samsung M540) was easy enough once I figured out how to put the headphones in pairing mode. After they were paired and connected, all the sounds my phone made were routed to the headphones. But after wearing the headphones for a couple hours, my ears started to ache. I had to take them off and let my ears recover for a few minutes.

    After the initial 2-hour charge when you unpack it, it usually takes around 90 minutes for a complete charge. The battery lasts me about 2 days of listening to music off and on, while taking a few calls every now and then. This product could be improved with a visual battery level indicator, though.

    The microphone voice quality seems to be dependent on the phone you're calling. More often than not, people I'm calling don't even notice when I'm using the headset. Music quality was amazing, considering that it had to be compressed, sent to my headphones, decompressed, then played back. The bass was deep, and the treble was clear and high.

    The range of the HT820 seems to be pretty good, too. The music starts getting choppy at about 30 feet from my phone, without any walls or other barriers to disrupt the signal.

    My headphones also cam with a car charger, a freaky-looking wall charger that I think is made for a different country, a manual (in English and Japanese), and an adapter for the 2.5mm jack. The adapter is kinda short, but not so much so that it's not useful.

    Something that I noticed is that when I wear them, the headphones kinda stick out from my head, and I look sorta like Frankenstein's monster (only with the bolts moved up to my ears...). But the blue LED lights pulse when connected and playing music, and it looks pretty damn cool.

    Overall, it's a great bluetooth headphone set if you want to listen to music and be able to take calls with the same device. It's cheap and has a lot of great features for such a small price. But before you buy it, make sure that your cellphone or pc adapter supports both A2DP and AVRCP, or else not only will you not be able to take advantage of all the cool features of the HT820, you'll be wasting your money.


    The Motorola Product Website


    Update: The headphone cushions are ripping off of the plactic ring on the inside and outside. I've glued them in hopes to prolong their life, since Motorola doesn't sell them separately.