Apocrypha: "things that are hidden" The additional or "hidden," books of the Old Testament which are not in the Hebrew canon and some versions of the complete Bible. Some apocryphal writings contain important information about angels, which continues to influence modern thought. The Greek version of the Old Testament, The Septuagint includes the Apocrypha, thus most of the early fathers of Christianity accepted the Apocrypha as Scripture. In 1546 the Apocrypha were officially declared as part of the Christian canon by the Council of Trent, however the books were given lesser status than the rest of the Scriptures. In the beginning many had trouble distinguishing the Apocrypha from the Old Testament, but many of the modern Bibles make the difference clear. The Apocrypha also wielded great influence upon the arts, including poetry, drama, music, literature, sculpture and painting. In angelology the most important work is found in the apocryphal: The Book of Tobit, which tells the story of the blind man Tobit and his son Tobias, and the archangel Raphael. It is considered to be historically based, the purpose to impart lessons on righteousness and morality and to teach occult lore concerning healing and exorcism.