So, here I am in quarantine... I am a very high risk person, as I have Systemic Lupus and I am on heavy immuno-suppressants. The only way I survive is not to come into contact with it. And, of course, this means I have to negotiate my way around Death once again.

And as I continue work on my life story, the novel that is basically my "final mission," I am writing about other times I negotiated my way around death. There was the suicide in 1994. There was the near death at the height of the horrific summer of 1999, what I call "Kashmir" in the book. After months of near starvation, temporary homelessness, one bad break after another, I ended up walking eight miles in 97 degree heat without having had food or water in days. I was unconscious on the side of the road when two youths stabbed at me with a stick and then ran off in horror when I woke up. They ran off screaming, "He's not dead! Run!" And then there was my near destruction at the hands of a true sociopath in what I call "The Excommunication War." And then there was 2014, when I went to the emergency room and was admitted to the hospital. They were unable to figure out what was wrong with me, and then one morning the nurse told me, "You almost died last night."

So, here we go again...

My love to all of you... keep yourselves alive my sisters and brothers...