The visual manifestation of the Chi, or spiritual energy surrounding an object or person. Different colors seen are believed to signify many different states of health, mood, or personality.

Auras can be described as a fuzzy outline around the object in question, but the more experienced will be able to see artifacts such as brilliant explosions of light, or writhing snakes of color, depending on how energetic the object in question is.

Viewing Auras

While some may pass this off as some crazy mystic ritual only available to those born inclined to the more paranormal, reading, or viewing another's aura can be done by almost anyone. In truth, it really is done by almost anyone. You just haven't noticed it yet. Somewhere along the line our minds are just wired to ignore them.

To view an aura, you must simply not look for it. This may sound silly, but it actually takes a certain kind of concentration. The kind of concentration when carrying a very full and very hot cup of coffee. You do want to pay attention to the cup, since you obviously don't want it to spill on your trousers, but if you pay too much attention you will still spill it. You have to relax, and give it just the right amount of attention.

Something to start you off on the right foot, would be to pick a white background, or some other very close to white color. Place something that is of a solid color in front of this background.

Take a deep breath. Relax a little, and gaze at it. Look at the edge of the object with the aforementioned lack of focus, you may see a small white fuzz, or cloud around it. You may have to let your eyes go out of focus, or look slightly past the object. Another thing that might help, is to start thinking about something else. If you're still paying just enough attention, you will start to see the aura.

With practice you can perfect the technique. With more experience you will be able to see more and more of an aura, and perhaps begin to see different colors.