So--

Today was my last day of exams, and my last day ever as an undergrad. On Sunday I walk, and then it's on to grad school. Yikes.

The gods have it in for me, but at least they have a sense of humor. Today was my acting final (yes, yes, the professor I'm lusting after). Anyway, I hadn't practiced the scene (The Glass Menagerie, scene 4) with my partner for two weeks, because he wouldn't return my phonecalls or email. So I emailed the professor, who answered:

There is an element of "group" in the grade. More than anything it reflects how well you and your partner seem to be connecting in the scene, how cues are picked up, how blocking works, etc. Since you have informed me of your difficulty in rehearsal, I will be aware and take it into consideration. But there is also an emphasis on the individual actor work as well; the score you turn in, the specificity of your own movement and activity, your own intensity and perceived pursuit of objective. I don't think your final grade is in serious jeopardy as long as you come in prepared, and possibly prepared to work around any unpreparedness on your partners behalf. If you have further concerns call me this evening at xxx-xxx-xxxx.

So I get to the final, and the creep never even shows up! Everyone does their scene, and the professor holds me till last, and when my partner finally never shows up, the prof says, "well, do you want to just pick someone out of the class to read the lines?" Sure. The only guy who volunteers? A guy named Steve.

Now, I don't like Steve. No, that's too strong. I find him irritating. He's not a jerk, just somewhat obnoxious. Anoying. And so, a month ago, I went to my professor and said, "Please, whatever you can do so that I don't have to work with Steve!" He said no problem, and so I didn't.

That is, until my partner never showed up. So who does the scene with me? Steve. The gods do love irony. After the final, the professor and I were talking, and neither of us could get over it. It was just too much.

Anyway, the professor also told me he's in another play, this time one by a local playwright; it's called Grendl-Cain, and the papers are giving it rave reviews. So of course...