I know I haven't posted anything for a while. I usually come here to write when I have steam to let off, or a point to make. I'm not sure what this qualifies as, but just take it for what it's worth.

So my parents come down to campus last night to watch my football game, and I'm pretty excited. We ended up beating them pretty good, so I got in halfway through the 3rd quarter. I played pretty damn good and was flying high by the end of the game.

I find my parents on the way to the locker room and spend about 15 minutes talking excitedly about the game with them. I catch up a little bit with them about what's happening back home and start to notice a lack of excitement in the tone of their voices. After a while, my dad tells me about this letter that he got a week ago.

In this letter, was a letter from our insurance company concerning an accident I was in nearly two years ago, during my senior year of high school. Before we go on, I will describe the accident.

During the first semester of my senior year, I was taking calculus in the morning at college in town and then driving to high school. I went the same way every day, but on this particular day, I didn't stop at the stop sign in town. I ran it, and then into this lady's car. It was completely my fault, and I took full responsibility for it. Both cars were totalled and the driver of the other car had a swollen hand that she had to go to the hospital for. I was under the impression that she was released the same day and that everything was over. It wasn't.

This woman is suing my dad because they think he knew that I was some kind of danger behind the wheel. I was 17, lots of teens get in accidents. They are also suing me and the insurance company for emotional trama, loss of wages, and who the hell knows what else. Here I am, in my sophomore year in college, being sued for something that happened two years ago during an accident. This could be the turning point in my life, the way I see it. It is completely possible that she ends up getting more than the $100,000 that our insurance covers. Which means that my parents are going to have to pay out of pocket for the rest of the amount, which also means that my college years are all but over, and I start working at home for the rest of my life and pay this woman for her "emotional damage."

Even now, a full day after I heard about this, I am tearing up just typing it out here. I feel completely lost. What is going to happen? This is the most scared I've ever felt in my life. That's really all I can write right now, I'll try to put a couple of more w/u's on here because I think this may help me move on.