Aftermath

Stuffed full o' nodes Day, 2004 didn't turn out quite as i had hoped. I really wanted something in many places and many time zones. Next time I start in the afternoon so our European brethren in noding could share with webcams. In fact, I may have to get a webcam.

But for those of us who participated it was worthwhile. Lucy-S, Braunbeck, Borgo and I set down to a sausage and potato casserole of Borgo's own creation, and mighty tasty it was. We also watched the Cowboy Junkies, This is Spinal Tap and shared in fine conversation and alcohol. So we had fun.

i prepared LordOmar's Stuffed Pork Porcini. I didn't make it exactly he suggested, primarily because i don't own a blender or food processor. I also substituted salsa for tomato sauce. On the other hand, i was close, and what came out was sufficiently tasty that I went back and C!d the recipe. It's a lot of work, but trust me the results were worth it.

Princess LouLou has the webcam humping in Londinium serving Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Soup , spaghetti with rocket, chilli and lemon and Raspberry souffle with poached strawberries and mint pesto. Oy vey! From what i hear, they had great fun too. Which is the whole point.

The invitation

Like many noders, I like to eat. And I like to read. Apparently, some of you like to cook, because every day a new recipe graces New Writeups. Which gave me an idea for a party.

In a pot-luck, it is traditional for each guest to bring a covered dish for all to share. But i wish to add one small qualification. We have a lot, of mouth-watering recipes noded here at e2. I've read the recipes of sneff, peanut, momomom and more with great lust. So each noder (or noder couple, for the attached) shalt bring one dish prepared from a recipe noded here at e2. Beer recipes included, as there must be potable liquids. You print out the page, prepare the noded recipe and come to share delicious food and fellowship on Saturday, November 6, 2004.

I shall host the Columbus, Ohio gathering at ReBiltmore, my quite modest home with the immodest music and movie playback system. There we shall enjoy good video and noder provided vittles. After the party, I intend to hardlink each recipe served.

But I don't want this to be an Ohio gathering. Rather, I want all of us to come together in our respective communities. At the same time, we party in Columbus, I want parties in Cleveland and Cincinnati, New York, London, Brussels and Canberra, one day where we all sit down separately yet together for the breaking of bread. Call it the world's first distributed dinner party. Lucy-S has suggested that we try and set up a webcam so we can view each others parties. I have a cable modem. I'm game.

So Come one, Come all, to share in glad tidings and saturated fat. Hosts please /msg me, and with food links.

Need an idea? See:

Noders attending the ReBiltmore (Ohio) gathering:

Possible gatherings

sneff had to cancel the Sydney meeting. I percieve that my international ambitions will not be met.. fuzzy and blue is looking for interested noders in the Eugene, Oregon area princess loulou is arranging a meeting, with webcam, in her tiny flat in londinium