The second in the Carmen Sandiego computer game series in which Carmen and her gang of thugs would steal some famous monument or artifact, which the player would then have to search for. The rest of the lineup includes (in chronological order): Where in the USA is Carmen Sandiego?, Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?, Where in Europe is Carmen Sandiego?, Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego?, Where in America's Past is Carmen Sandiego?, and Where in Space is Carmen Sandiego?

One of the coolest things about the series were the (usually) witty names of Carmen's VILE gang members. Examples include: Chuck Roast, Minnie Series, Zaphod Beeblebrox, Casey Rah Serah, Laverne Onions, Karri Miback, Bill and Lee Ding, Justin Time, Gene Yuss, Verna Equinox, Homer DeBrave, and, the travel agent from Where in the World? deluxe, Shirley Eugeste. The gang members for the television show Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? (which aired on KCET) have somewhat less original names like Robocop and Double Trouble, but got to be a little more developed personality-wise, since they got to interact with the gumshoes more and had individual voices. Interestingly, the map used for the final challenge seemed to most often be Africa, which players more often than not didn't know the countries of.