Marietta College is a small, residential liberal arts college located in Marietta, Ohio. Approximately 1,200 students attend Marietta College each year. Incoming freshman classes average 350 to 450 students. The college offers the following degrees: bachelor of arts, bachelor of science, bachelor of science in petroleum engineering, bachelor of fine arts, master of arts in liberal learning, master of arts in education, master of arts in psychology, master of corporate media, and master of science in physician assistant studies. Tuition, room, and board for the 2005-2006 academic year is approximately $29,000.

The college's mascot is the Pioneer, in honor of Marietta being the first permanent settlement in the Northwest Territory.

Location
The main campus is located between Putnam Street and Pike Street and between North Seventh Street and Fourth Street, with about 10 buildings on the far side of Fourth Street. This is an area of six city blocks. Non-contiguous campus includes Pioneer Park (the baseball field); Don Drumm Stadium (football field); and the boat house.

Housing
As a residential college, housing options are very important.
Freshman may live in Marietta Hall (co-ed by floor), the Dorothy Webster Complex (officially three buildings: Mary Beach (men only), Dorothy Webster (honors upperclass and freshman honors women), and Elsie Newton (women only), connected by enclosed hallways), Russell Hall (co-ed by floor), or (as needed) the Pioneer House. The only air conditioned freshman housing is that of the first floor of Russell Hall, which was recently remodeled.
Upperclassmen may live in a variety of housing options. Two non-themed housing options are the older Parsons Hall and the newer McCoy Hall. Themed options include Dorothy Webster (the second and third floors only) which are the Honors House; A&H (Arts and Humanities); Fayerweather (for seniors, and a few juniors) which re-opened in Fall 2005 after extensive remodeling; or in Greek Housing.

Greek Life
Fraternities on campus include Alpha Tau Omega, Delta Tau Delta, Delta Upsilon, and Lambda Chi Alpha. Sororities include Chi Omega (officially a fraternity of women), Sigma Kappa, and Alpha Xi Delta. Past Greek organizations on campus that are no longer present include Sigma Sigma Sigma and Tau Kappa Epsilon.