Smadutation... Sounds dirty.

Ok, I know Hollandaise Vapormeet didn't come off at all this year, but this, THIS will make up for it.

When?

December 14th, 2002 (plus and minus one day).THIS WEEKEND!

Where?

Holland, MI, at the humble reference to the Void_Ptr.

Updated!
My Address is:

87 E 23rd St
Holland, MI
49423

616-494-9288
IT IS ON MAPQUEST AND THE DIRECTIONS ARE PROBABLY ADEQUATE ENOUGH TO GET YOU TO HOLLAND! BUT THEY ARE NOT THE BEST DIRECTIONS

So, here are some more easy directions to follow.

If you are coming from Lansing/Detroit/AnnArbor

  1. Get on I-96 West. Drive for a long time.
  2. In Grand Rapids, I-96 will split into I-196 going towards Holland and later Chicago, and I-96 going towards Muskegon. YOU WANT TO GET ON I-196 towards HOLLAND.
  3. Follow I-196 for about 30 minutes
  4. Exit I-196 at exit 55 towards ZEELAND/HOLLAND. I think the exit may automatically veer you to the right, but if it doesn't, turn right (west) towards Holland. This is Business 196. Stay on this road for about 5 to 10 minutes.
  5. You will pass 104th, 112th, and 120th. Right after 120th, You will see a large overpass. This is US-31. Get on the onramp (loopy thing) (second exit on the right) and go SOUTH towards St. Joseph. (if you actually get to St. Joseph, you've gone way way way too far and are screwed, so just go home.)
  6. There will be three lights after you get on US-31 (8th St, 16th St, and 24th St). YOU WANT TO TURN RIGHT (west) ONTO 24TH ST. This is the one with the Aldi's on the corner. YOU ARE ALMOST THERE! Go see the UNIFIED INSTRUCTIONS BELOW.

If, on the other hand, you are coming from the Chicago Area.

  1. Get on I-196 Going north Towards Grand Rapids.
  2. Drive for a while.
  3. When you start to approach Holland, I-196 will split off into US-31 and I-196. Get off onto US-31
  4. Follow US-31 North into Holland. DONT GET OFF ON BUSINESS 31! (If you see an Arbys to your right, you've gone the wrong way. Either call me from there or get back on US-31 if you feel confident.)
  5. You will find alot of lights. When you reach 24th St, do a michigan left (this means drive past the light because there are no left hand turns allowed, and do a U-Turn at the thingy provided, then turn right onto the desired street) and GET ON 24th ST going west. SEE THE UNIFIED INSTRUCTIONS.

UNIFIED INSTRUCTIONS
Ok, so now you are on 24th St going west. Good.

  1. Follow 24th St for a few minutes. Be careful, the speed limit is only 30. You will go over a couple of railroad tracks, and right around there, the speedlimit drops to 25. You will see a wooded park on the right hand side (this is Prospect Park).
  2. RIGHT AFTER THE PARK, TURN RIGHT (north). This is Prospect Ave.
  3. Turn left (west) again immediately onto 23rd St.
  4. 23rd St is only one block long and has a boulevard (strippy concrete and grass thing with trees and stuff running down the middle) and my house is on the right (north) side of the street. The house number is 87, (the gray one with blue trim, w/ the screened in porch, between the maroon house on the left and the light blue house on the right) and is likely the one with lots of cars in the driveway. My driveway is nestled between the no parking sign and the fire hydrant. If there's no space to park on my driveway, then you can park near the park (haha).
  5. My phone number is 616-494-9288 if you get lost. If you can't get through (if my directions turn out to be more horrible than usual), try Kendall's cellphone at 616-893-8115.

I am expecting people to start arriving in the afternoon or evening on Friday, December 13, but if you are set to come earlier, call the house, or Kendall's phone, when you are about 45 minutes away and we'll make sure there's somebody there to receive you.

Why?

I'm GRADUTATED!, and because you like to drive to pointless small gatherings.

Who?

GET ADDED TO THE LIST!

What?

The activity list is as follows:

Friday:
People Arrive
Veg & Partay
Star Trek: Nemesis?

Saturday:
Late Breakfast
Trip to see Lake Michigan in the Winter.
If there are enough of us interested, Laser Tag.

Sunday:
Bombay Cuisine Buffet Lunch in GR (INDIAN FOOD! MMMM)
People Leave

And lots of singing, and dancing, and grooving to the music

Miscellaneous Details

There are two guest bedrooms, one with a twin bed, and one with a full, and a futon on the main floor. The plentiful couches of yesteryear are long gone (to the dump), so you will need to bring sleeping bags. Wireless internet access is also available. Details as you arrive.

What will you be when you grow up?

OVERLORD OF THE UNIVERSE. (start a local chapter of VOID FOR OVERLORD in your town, and when I take over the universe with my invincible fleet of supersoldiers, you too will get your own personal island with a fleet of nubile slaves at your command)
So, yeah, that's like 3 weeks away, so get packing. More details as I know them. Directions will be posted closer to the event (if you are a type A personality, you may look up last year's directions from Hollandaise Vapormeet, but those have been known to make people lost).

This node was brought to you by the letter Q and the number 3.